• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone help me to change port 8500 to 80 in Coldfusion ?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me to change port 8500 to 80 in Coldfusion ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember why, but there's a reason CF defaults to port 8500.  Might not be wise to change it.  (I assume you're using the built-in webserver.)

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly move the tomcat port in CF by editing the port value in the internal webserver inside \cfusion\runtime\conf\server.xml (varies depending on version).  You'll need to cycle the service for the change to take effect.  It is probably better to stand up Nginx or Apache in front and proxy requests back to Tomcat.  Apache or Nginx would listen on port 80 by default.  If this is a production server you'll definitely want a web server proxying requests for security, stability, ...  If it is development, no problem with using 8500 (or changing it as long as it doesn't conflict with another service already listening on the new port).

-Nic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As suggested in above comment, if you are using built-in port than the port is 8500 which is a default port. If you are using ColdFusion 2016, it by default enables the built-in web server. If you want to run your app with port 80, you can either configure an external web server.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation