• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can CF 2018 Mail server settings be configured to handle Gmail SMTP with 2-step authentication

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to configure CF2018 to use smtp.gmail.com and port 587 and TLS checkbox set when 2-step authentication is applied to the gmail account being used? I'm not seeing any posts on this topic. 

I'm using Commandbox environment for my local dev environment and configured it to load Adobe CF2018. This gives me the CF Admin Mail page where I enter my mail server as smtp.gmail.com and port 587 and TLS. But the connection fails. In the Mail log it indicates it's not authenticating due to 2-step auth in use for the account. Do I have to disable 2-step or does Adobe provide a way to handle it?

TOPICS
Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another forum provided the answer for how to handle this situation:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26736062/sending-email-fails-when-two-factor-authentication-is-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation