Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't connect coldfusion 2016 to data sources

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need help. I've all but given up.

Running cold fusion 2016 on windows pro 8.1 and using ms sqlsvr 2014 all  running on the same machine and using localhost

I've tried several configurations and i end up with basically the same dead end .I've tried to set up dsn's on windows. I've downloaded JDBC files  but not sure where to install and configured

Error Message

Connection verification failed for data source: myfoodsource

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot open database "food_migration" requested by the login. The login failed.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot open database "food_migration" requested by the login. The login failed.

Thanking you in advance

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The exact reason is being specified in the error - The Login Failed..

This means what ever credentials you are using are incorrect.

When you add a datasource in Coldfusion Admin what are you using for the username and password? Is this a user that is setup on the SQL server (with correct permissions) and is the password correct.

The other usual thing is that you have not enabled mixed authentication mode, which means it is not authorising at all as it is expecting a windows auth login.

So firstly, is the user you are using on the CF admin setup on the SQL server?

Secondly, Is SQL set to mixed auth mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation