Highlighted

Can't connect to MySQL Community Server 5.6 from CF11

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to connect to MySQL Community Server version 5.6 from Cold Fusion 11. If I choose the DataDirect driver, I get an error message stating that the driver does not support Community Server. So I choose the MySQL5 driver and I am able to verify the connection from the CF Admin page. However, whenever I try to run any queries using the verified datasource, I get a "500 - internal server error".

Is there an updated driver I can use? Does that driver support Community Server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't connect to MySQL Community Server 5.6 from CF11

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to connect to MySQL Community Server version 5.6 from Cold Fusion 11. If I choose the DataDirect driver, I get an error message stating that the driver does not support Community Server. So I choose the MySQL5 driver and I am able to verify the connection from the CF Admin page. However, whenever I try to run any queries using the verified datasource, I get a "500 - internal server error".

Is there an updated driver I can use? Does that driver support Community Server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I just started looking at upgrading from CF10 to CF11 and this issue has me at a dead stop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2014 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have either of you turned on "Enable Robust Exception Handling" in CF Administrator so a more detailed error message can be viewed?  If you are using IIS, have you set the Error Pages settings to show "Detailed errors" so it will pass through ColdFusion errors?

-Carl V.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2014 0