• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create coldfusion instance

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed CF 10 server installation, tried to create a new instance in the instance manager, and I'm getting a ColdFusion error for page not found (attached). I've tried several times. This is on a Windows 2012 server using the Administrator account

INSTANCEERROR.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tom, long time no talk. I have a few thoughts.

First, technically that’s not really saying “page not found” but rather “file not found”. Anyway you see it’s trying to access the server.xml file within a “test” instance. I assume that’s the instance you were trying to create.

Can you confirm if it even created that test folder (under the cf10 directory, where instances are created)? If the folder’s there, is the file (server.xml) there, in its runtime/conf folder? If it’s there, and you open it, does it have content? It should be about 20 lines of XML (without comments, which make the same file in the cfusion directory a bit larger).

Second, you say it’s CF10, on Server 2012. You are doing this with a CF installer that was downloaded after March 2013, right? That’s when Adobe created (and blogged about how they had created) a new installer for CF10 which supported 2012. If you may be using some CF10 installer that could have been from the original release (May 2012) then that may be your problem.

And while you can no longer get any CF10 installers from the Adobe site, you can indeed still find them available online from a trusted resource. For more, see my bog entry;

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/10/30/finding_coldfusion_installers_and_updates

Unless someone has a better suggestion, let’s figure next steps based on what you report for these.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie, good to hear from you. 🙂

The directory was never created. I thought it might be a permissions issue, but I set the coldfusion folder permissions and tried again with no luck. You may be onto something with the installer. I also have the issue where the CF admin password does not work after install, so I have to modify the security xml file. I will look into getting another installer. We bought a whole bunch of licenses over a year ago and are just now getting to the nitty gritty of setting up the installation procedure. Upgrading at this point is not an option, since we spent a ton of money on the CF10 licenses already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how did it go, Tom?

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie, thanks for checking up. I got sidetracked on another project. I did download the installer and it turned out to be the same installer I had, but I reran it anyway and had the same problem. I'm not sure how to proceed with multiple instances. It's only for my test machine, because in production we have a separate server for each ColdFusion instance, but I was hoping to run several. I may just run it in a virtual machine for the second instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation