• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download ColdFusion Server 11 without Akamai Download Manager??

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF, Adobe??

Why are you insisting that I use the Akamai Download Manager (which I never trust download managers) in order to download anything???

Based upon advice of others, I have attempted to bypass it by clicking on the "File 1 of 1" link.  But that doesn't give me the CF 11 installation file.  It still links to "Adobe ColdFusion 11 - AkamaiDLM.exe".

WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD ANYTHING WITHOUT THE DLM????????????????????

^_^

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. The download for all Adobe products will be via the Akamai Download Manager. You can't skip the DLM for downloading ColdFusion. In case you will have any questions please feel free to contact us on and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y'know what.. nevermind.. I've heard that Blue Dragon is better than ColdFusion, anyway.  I'll just download that and not deal with a download manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlueDragon is better than ColdFusion? HAHAHAHA

In all seriousness:

The download manager is in place because the ColdFusion install file is

rather large and to give the quickest download times, it's hosted

through Akamai CDN. This allows the best global download speeds.

However, as it's a large file, the download manager makes sure all the

right pieces come down in the right order. It's not an intrusive

application.

DW

WolfShade <mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:41 PM

>

Can't download ColdFusion Server 11 without Akamai Download

Manager??

created by WolfShade <https://forums.adobe.com/people/WolfShade> in

/ColdFusion/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/7275920#7275920>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) I've been told by Blue Dragon developers that BD will add functionalities long before CF does, and that it's at least as good if not better than CF.  I consider these developers to be reliable sources.

B) I don't CARE what the download manager is supposed to do.  I have a fast enough internet connection that the file downloads quite fine and error-free without any download managers.  And I don't TRUST download managers, as it is; I'm especially not going to trust a download manager from AKAMAI, of all organisations.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I don't trust download managers either. In fact, my company's security policy does not allow download managers to be installed. For that matter, I HATE how many Adobe products push the toolbar de jour on every update -- but that's another topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue - which email should I use to contact you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact us at cf.install@adobe.com.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @rahul_u.  Even after the flippant answer from @Anit_Kumar about not being able to avoid the DLM, I might consider using the links that you have graciously provided.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

We understand that, you are having trouble with DLM. But, as Dan mentioned,

Dan Wilson wrote:

However, as it's a large file, the download manager makes sure all the

right pieces come down in the right order. It's not an intrusive

application.

Blue Dragon can't be an alternative to ColdFusion. Moreover, the Akamai Download Manager is not specific to ColdFusion, but for all products across Adobe. And we have to keep in mind the "downloading" process for everyone - for those who have a high speed internet connection and for those as well, who don't.

Hope you understand.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've understood from the very beginning.  That doesn't mean I have to like it.  And I don't.

I also know (as can be determined by the fact that I also complained about DLM and CF Builder 3) that this is for all Adobe products.  That is precisely the reason why I'm seriously considering uninstalling ALL Adobe products from my computer and never thinking about Adobe, ever again.  And the fact that you keep on and on about what a wonderful thing it is only convinces me further that Adobe doesn't give a rodent's rectum about what Adobe clients (the only reason Adobe is making money) want.  "Let's just cram this crap down their throats.. they'll LOVE IT!"

Guess what.. no.. they don't.  And I know I'm not the only one.  So, why does Adobe pull this crap?

Why am I wasting my time talking to a brick wall?  You've clearly drank the kool-aid. 

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rahul,

I attempted to use the link you provided to download the dmg for CF11.  The system requests a username/password in order to continue, but my Adobe user/pass do not work there.

Did the link change or is there a user/pass I can utilize.

I need the CF11 version, not the CF2016, as that is the version my employer wants validated to run their website.

Thank you,

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

There was a recent change in ftp password. I have updated the links with new password.

It should be downloadable now.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul, those links are not working again, it prompts the user for a server-level user/password. It looks like the FTP Password has changed again. Can you update those links again?

At the same time, though this thread is about people needing the DLM-free direct links, could you also post information about getting to the standard DLM Akami based links? I can find downloads for all types of ColdFusion 11 addons and extras but not for the core of ColdFusion 11 Standard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Rahul:

I hope you can assist.....the links still require a username/password and we really need the media download for CF 11 Standard.

Thanks

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password expires in every three months. I have updated the password in the link.

-Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rahul,

I can't download Coldfusion 11 Developer Ed. for Solaris/Windows using the links above.  Can you help?

Thanks & have a terrific Tuesday!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year later, sorry,

I have the same situation,

my client needs CF11 to validate their application.

And they only can get CF16.

I hope Adobe will give them a CF11 licence instead of a CF16.

This is a must to have the application running alive.

Else it is dead.

Did you succeed on your side ?

Thanks for answer and participation.

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I started this thread over two years ago, and it's STILL an issue.

In response to plarts​, does it HAVE to be CF11???  Or could Lucee be used?

We are seriously considering Lucee, at this time.  Adobe has practically killed CF, and the price is no longer affordable.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be late,

response to WolfShade

Thanks for your comment and advise,

We are in France, and Adobe may not really know what is Coldfusion.

I use Coldfusion since Version 3. Great.

My client is in the process to ask a CF11 key in place of CF16.

I hope they will get it.

Since version 3, I did hundred of Information Systems using Coldfusion and Access datasource (really great flexibility)

With version 16 , access datasource do not work anymore.

Considering Lucee, I started with it, most of the work can be swapped to Lucee (Lucee is great)

But, in the actual Information System I wrote,

I use CF tags to read and write Excel datasheet, I need to make a lot of test to ensure that Lucee

work exactly the same way.

And also, Under Coldfusion and Access datasource, I can manipulate the .mdb files as I like,

like, hot replacement of mdb file at a certain status of the system. I just reset the database.

And bring the new records ID restarting to 1. (new semestre starting, and archive all old records)

Under Lucee, I use "youcanaccess" driver to make access datasource, and when the datasource is up,

I am unable to touch the mdb file. (delete and replacement, that gives an error)

So that's why I stay with CF for the moment.

Thanks for any comments, and may be advise for a perfect driver to set up Access datasources.

Or very simple databases like Access, easy to manipulate. (just file management)

I will let know if Adobe France allow the replacement of CF16 key to a CF11 key.

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre,

Can we (Adobe) get in touch with you to discuss the situation and assist you further?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'd like to.

I have a phone meeting next friday with my client to see what we can do.

I tried all mentionned in forums to try to make CF16 have Access datasource,

with no success. (days and days of trials).

With CF11, it is immediate successful. (32bits)

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation