• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download ColdFusion Server 11 without Akamai Download Manager??

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF, Adobe??

Why are you insisting that I use the Akamai Download Manager (which I never trust download managers) in order to download anything???

Based upon advice of others, I have attempted to bypass it by clicking on the "File 1 of 1" link.  But that doesn't give me the CF 11 installation file.  It still links to "Adobe ColdFusion 11 - AkamaiDLM.exe".

WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD ANYTHING WITHOUT THE DLM????????????????????

^_^

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre,

Let me know, if you need a call further, post your next Friday's call.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After phone call with the client,

They will ask a degrade of Coldfusion 16 to Coldfusion11

This is the only solution we have to make our information system (a year of work)  working with Access mdb files.

Any suggestion to keep CF16 will be appreciated.

See the thread :

Re: create data source for microsoft access on 64 bit server and ColdFusion 16

Thanks for help,

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul,

Can you please update the ftp links with new passwords.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other software companies that also use DLMs for their software downloads.

However, the difference between Adobe and most of the others is that most of the others will give their users an option to either use a DLM or download without DLM.  Why cannot Adobe do the same?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with WolfShade... you need to provide an option to download without the DLM... you even actually provide the link on the popup to download files 1 of 1 directly... but the link does not work. Instead of arguing for the DLM just fix the issues with the link so direct download works...

For someone that is going to get this on a linux box, doesn't have a window manager on it... to go through the steps of downloading locally... then FTPing or moving the files to the server and then installing is quite cumbersome.... you are providing a server software not a desktop application... so a Direct download method on this is more important then your other offerings. In-fact I would I think due to the type of software it is the first option should be the direct download and second option be the DLM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old post, but I'd like to add I'm in the same boat...

I can't download crap because I run Linux.. so I attempt in my Windows VDI. Still no go as I have to download the *linux* installer via the Akamai NetSession which only gives me the options of "Install Now" in the browser pop up or "Open File ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_linux64.bin" in the Akamai NetSession window.. NEITHER OF WHICH DO ME ANY GOOD.

Also, in the pop-up window where it clearly states:

"We're sorry, but we've detected that your system is using a browser that is not compatible with the Akamai Download Manager.

To download the files directly, click here.
File 1 of 1
"

Which, clicking the File 1 of 1 does exactly nothing. No file. No download. You'd think if you make a product for Linux, you'd offer a way to download it *using Linux*. Not to mention downloading it in the "Akamai NetSession" deal makes me hunt to try to find where in the heck the file is actually saved to.

Also, halfway down this page it clearly states you can download the files directly without using the Akamai download manager: Akamai Download Manager FAQ even though up above you're saying you have to use the download manager.

So please tell me, how in the crap can I download the Linux 64-bit installer without using the Akamai download manager as *I CAN'T USE* the download manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up finding the .bin file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Akamai\Cache\trials3.adobe.com\adobeproducts\cstd\11\linux64

What a pain in the ass you have to deal with downloading the file on Windows, hunting down the file location, and then moving it over to the Linux machine rather than a direct download on a Linux desktop and a 'scp' over to the linux server. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to second this and point out how stupid this process is.  

1.  you can only download on windows or mac

2.  you then have to install separate software to download the program you will be installing on a different machine.

3. after downloading you are given an "install now" prompt (which i obviously can't do.)

4. the file is stored in a non-standard (ie: Downloads) directory.  It is hidden in a system directory.

Way to go guys. Your attention to detail is amazing.  I can tell you it is stuff like this that makes me think twice about using coldfusion.

rjr162...  thanks for finding the installer for the rest of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another response - ADOBE - do you even GET the fact that your downloader does NOT work on Linux???? You CANNOT download the linux version of ColdFusion or ColdFusion Builder from a linux machine?!?!?!?!?

Do you even WANT people to use your software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And considering the mass exodus from Windows 10 to other OS's (like *nix), this will become critical, very quickly.

But Adobe probably won't do anything different.  Keep sailing toward the falls, Adobe.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent over 30 minutes earlier this week trying to download a trial version of CF for Linux without the download manager. It is ridiculous all the steps Adobe makes a user go through to simply download trial software.

1. Register with Adobe
  2. Sign-in
  3. Fill-out marketing survey
  4. Download the "Download Manager"
  5. Install the Download Manager
  6. FINALLY, get your trial download

And as sh3rp4 mentioned, it is outrageous you can only download the trial with Windows or Mac.  I was on an Ubuntu machine when I needed to install CF, but I had to switch computers, follow steps 1-6, then copy the file to the Ubuntu machine so I can finally use the software.

I would love to know the thinking that led to this process. If I just wanted to test out CF I'm not sure I would go to all that trouble. Talk about high barrier of entry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard good things about (open source) Blue Dragon.  Apparently, they add new things before Adobe adds the same to CF, in many (not all) cases.

I'm seriously considering making the switch, myself.  But the PITA process that I had to go through to get it installed on my Ubuntu Server VM (then the PITA process of getting MySQL going on another Ubuntu VM), I might delay that decision for a bit.  But, ultimately, I think I'll make the switch.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade‌,

I'd also take a good look at Lucee.  It is more feature-complete than OpenBlueDragon.  Plus it is the engine that the CommandBox CLI/REPL/Package Manager runs on.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Carl Von Stetten‌,

I might just do that.  One question, though:  If I develop locally in Lucee, will that code work with CF hosting, or will I have to find a hosting service that has Lucee as an option?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, my answer is: it depends.  Most of CFML is cross-compatible, but there are implementation differences on some tags/functions.  And there are ColdFusion tags/functions that Lucee has not implemented at all (like 3rd party integrations such as CFPDF, CFHTMLtoPDF, CFSHAREPOINT, etc.). Only you can determine if any of the missing or differently implemented tags/functions are in use in your application.

The only way to be sure is to develop your application and test against both platforms.

-Carl V.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that there are also tags/functions in Lucee that don't exist in ColdFusion - as like it's predecessor Railo, Lucee is in some ways on the cutting edge of the improvement of the CFML language.  If you use the CFDocs site to research tags/functions, they do a pretty good job identifying which platforms are supported for each tag/function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks rjr162 - I spent > 30 mins trying to find where the bin file was until I stumbled across your post - way to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link provided by `rahul_u` requires username and password. Now where the hell will I get Username and Password from. Damn really adobe WTF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antony,

There was some issues with the url not picking the credentials for windows installer. Please try again.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have managed to remove Akamai DML for ColdFusion on Adobe.com. This should not be an issue now.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the heads-up, rahul_u.  This is great news, indeed!  I understand that the DLM was a huge block against Linux users, and it certainly caused me quite the headache.

I hope that CF will be downloaded many, many times as a result.  Now, if we can just get the Akamai DLM removed for all the other software packages. 

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation