• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Access CF-Admin on one instance of CF 2016 Enterprise. update 13

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'd like to start by saying the website tied to the IIS connector that is pointed to this instance of coldfusion is working and responding as normal.  So I'm not in an outage mode per say.. But I cannot access CFadministrator with the designated port as usual.  I get the login screen as normal and when i type it in it refreshes with all blue screen (same color as the background of the login screen) and does nothing. Chrome reports Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING.   All other instances of coldfusion are working correctly and i can pull up the cfadministrator for all of those just fine.    Another symptom is fusion reactor doesnt seem to want to work on that instance either.  All corrisponding pages clicks result in a blank page.   Its as if anything going through the built in webserver is getting stuck some how.  The iis connectors seem to be fine and working correctly.    I currrently cannot restart services due to client usage of the webites but I'm wonder if anyone has a solution to this problem.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is resolved after restarting that instance of coldfusion services.  But i'd still like to know the answer if anyone knows why it did this so i can prevent it in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you say things were resolved by a CF restart, I am willing to bet that the problem was some transient error, resolved by that restart. Common problems are outofmemory errors, as you may see reported in the minutes/hours before the outage, in the coldfusion-error.log. My money (given the report of "blank pages") is on that you will find you had outofmemory metaspace errors.

If so, there are many reasons it can happen, but the simplest solution is to remove the maxmetaspace arguments in the CF jvm arguments. That will allow it to grow beyond the artificial limit that Adobe sets (default of 192m), or that you may have set, or whatever may have been imported from previous CF installs (when the argument may have existed as maxpermsize, as per Java 7 and below).

I could elaborate on why you can just remove it (and what can cause the metaspace to rise and hit that artificial limit), and I plan to in a blog post. For now, if you had that error in the coldfusion-error.log, remove this argument (carefully). It would be safest to remove it via the jvm.config, in the cf cfusion/bin--or instancename/bin, since you say you are using instances. Save a copy of the file, and then edit it and make the change, saving the change (keeping it open) and restart CF. That way, if you may have made a mistake in the edit, you can easily "undo" it (even in lowly Notepad, if on Windows, since it's a single argument being removed).

Let us know if this is the problem (in your log), and if this resolution helps. (You can search the log to see if you had other metaspace errors in days and weeks before. If you did, this change would address all such previous hangups, though you may not notice it until you have had days/weeks of no more outages due to this.)

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll offer a followup here that I did do that blog post I referred to above:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2020/02/quickly-solve-outofmemory-metaspace-errors/

Curious to hear, Devin, whether that suggestion or perhaps Kevin's or still some other got you going.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Devin, 

I know that they had issues with ISS connector and you would have to change isapi_redirect.dll. I had issues with update 12. Did everything work out fine with you now? Did you have any issues with update 12? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion/error-after-accessing-coldfusion-administrator-using-the-c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation