Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot connect ColdFusion 2016 to RDS MySQL

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a Coldfusion 2016 instance on Windows 2012R2, started from the AWS Marketplace, and an RDS MySQL instance. Both instances are on the same VPC and subnet. I am unable to connect ColdFusion 2016 to the RDS MySQL instance.  I have created an ODBC in ColdFusion 2016. When ColdFusion tries to connect to the RDS MySQL I get an error. I have tried with the two drivers for MySQL included in Coldfusion 2016.

With the ColdFusion driver MySQL (DataDirect)  I get the following error:

Connection verification failed for data source: MSQL_Desa

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver]Connections to MySQL Community Server are not supported. Please contact MySQL to obtain a MySQL Enterprise or Commercial version.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver]Connections to MySQL Community Server are not supported. Please contact MySQL to obtain a MySQL Enterprise or Commercial version.

With the ColdFusion driver MySQL 5 I get the following error:

Connection verification failed for data source: MySQL5

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for MySQL5, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for MySQL5, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Is it possible to connect ColdFusion 2016 to RDS MySQL ? Which driver should I use ?

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017
  1. download the JDBC driver JDBC Driver for MySQL (Connector/J) here: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/.
  2. in the Platform select box, choose platform independent
  3. next, choose the tar or zip version appropriate for your platform. If you don't know which to pick, choose the zip version.
  4. next, on the screen titled "Begin Your Download - mysql-connector-java-5.1.35.zip", scroll to the bottom and choose the small link "No thanks, just start my download."
  5. finally, once the download completes, extrac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. download the JDBC driver JDBC Driver for MySQL (Connector/J) here: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/.
  2. in the Platform select box, choose platform independent
  3. next, choose the tar or zip version appropriate for your platform. If you don't know which to pick, choose the zip version.
  4. next, on the screen titled "Begin Your Download - mysql-connector-java-5.1.35.zip", scroll to the bottom and choose the small link "No thanks, just start my download."
  5. finally, once the download completes, extract "mysql-connector-java-5.1.35-bin.jar" and put it in the lib directory of your CF install. For me it is located at: cfusion\lib (your platform and coldfusion edition impacts the path for you.
  6. restart ColdFusion and validate your datasource in the ColdFusion Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. It works now !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did what are in the steps however the problem still exist.

Here is my error I think it is the same as previous one:

Connection verification failed for data source: learncfinaweek

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for learncfinaweek, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for learncfinaweek, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muhammedakbas  wrote

I did what are in the steps however the problem still exist.

It will help if you tell us in detail the steps that you followed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If someone finds this information useful, I had the same problem until I realized that I copied the folder into cfusion/lib like this:

Luisupertramp_0-1586719043916.png

So that was my mistake.
You have to copy the information within the connector folder directly to cfusion/lib

I hope this helps anyone else in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as muhammadakbas...  I have the JDBC driver and it's in the /lib.  But in Admin, not sure what the settings are to get coldfusion to recognize the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maryh15830400  wrote

I have the JDBC driver and it's in the /lib.  But in Admin, not sure what the settings are to get coldfusion to recognize the driver.

After you copy the JAR file to the /lib directory, you have to restart ColdFusion. Then you will be sure that the changes will take effect.

In the Administrator, give your new datasource a name. Select MySQL 5 from the list.

CF_MySQL_DSN_1.png

Press the Add button to create the datasource. You should then get the following user interface:

CF_MySQL_DSN_2.png

This contains the details of my database. Enter the details for yours. Press the Submit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation