• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot connect to msSQL 14 from CF 11 admin.

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added msSQL 2014 to a new computer running Windows 7 and CF 11

I opened the port 1434 and when I tried to connect the datasource in CF Admin got this message...

Connection verification failed for data source: mydb1

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The connection to the host {0}, named instance {1} has failed. Error: "{2}". Verify the server and instance names, check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434, and for SQL Server 2005 or later verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The connection to the host {0}, named instance {1} has failed. Error: "{2}". Verify the server and instance names, check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434, and for SQL Server 2005 or later verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host.

If I use the computer name alone same. If I enter both  computer name and port I get an error stating I cannot enter both...

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i changed port to 1433 with same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BKBK,

After much frustration called a tech I knew yesterday.

I had opened the port already and everything I could think of and find on Google search.

What it turned out was the msSQL server had decided on it's own name and password and I didn't know that nor how to detect it.

He connected to my desktop, found server name and created a new password.

Perfect.

Tnx,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing that, Ranger. Please mark it as the correct answer. It will surely help someone else in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation