• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install CF11 on ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a headless install of Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS and want to install ColdFusion 11 thereon.

The download I was able to retrieve was ColdFusion_exp_11_WWEJ_linux64.zip

I downloaded that on a Windows machine, then ftp'd it to the linux box.

HOWEVER, ALL the install documentation I find always refer to a file: ColdFusion_exp_11_WWEJ_linux64.bin which I don't have. Where is this file?

I am not particularly conversant with Ubuntu or linux, and the unzipped files are not doing it for me, and I have no idea how to proceed. Where is the .bin installer? Where is the install information from a zip? It shouldn't be this hard to continue, It looks like the assumption is that the downloader is already an expert in CF or Java or both - I am not.

Thanks.

nalex in NH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the download from?

If you use the official Coldfusion Downloads Adobe - ColdFusion Support Center : More Downloads and choose the CF11 Trial or Developer version, this will take you to the download page. When selecting Linux it will download the .bin file. The documention you are reading is for this method.

If you sre just running the express version then it states on the same download page what to do with it:

Now get started with ColdFusion quickly by using the Express Edition. Just Unzip the file to a location and Run ColdFusion for development from that location without the need for installation.

There is some more info on the express setup on the Coldfusion wiki Installing ColdFusion Express - ColdFusion, English documentation - Adobe Learning Resources 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah, nevermind, there were multiple problems caused by unfamiliarity, combined with a stupid Windows problem that prevented the downloader from working properly. I've resolved everything and wish I could delete this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That being said, I'm having a devil of a time porting a CF8 project into CF11. Are there any tips? Old project is on Windows XP machine, new CF11 server is on Ubuntu 14. Putting old project in opt/coldfusion11/cfusion/wwwroot doesn't run anything. It killed my test.cfm page as well ( just comes up blank ). Now looking for an error log....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation