• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open CF Builder 2018 after reinstall.

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had CFB installed about 2 days ago. I uninstalled reinstalled it becauseof some issues. When I reinstalled CFB it would not launch. My issue is very similar to this user's I have a mac so I could not use the uninstaller program the user recommends. Does anyone have any solutions for this?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Currently, it is not the supported platform for CFB2016/CFB2018.

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-builder-big-sur.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please let me know the MacOS which you have on your machine?

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, it is not the supported platform for CFB2016/CFB2018.

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-builder-big-sur.html 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Priyank said, we have heard no word from Adobe of any timetable of when CFBuilder 2018 may support Big Sur. 

As for your situation, Zach, it seems you are saying that you had a Mac with an older MacOS version where you already had CFBuilder installed, and you updated to Big Sur, and you found that CFBuilder DID still work, but then you had reason to uninstall it, and that's when you could not reinstall it. Is that right?

If so, I will note that this has happened with some past problems of new OS's (whether with CFBuilder or CF), where the problem is not that the older CF/CFB version can't RUN on the new OS. It's that it can't be INSTALLED on the new OS (nearly always because a problem with the InstallAnywhere software Adobe uses, rather than because of CF or CFB itself).

As such, a lesson to take away (if you're confirming this) is someone CAN indeed run CFBuilder 2018 on Big Sur---as long as you have it installed on the machine BEFORE you update the machine to Big Sur.  Is that right? I realize it won't help those who install it on a new machine, and it didn't help in your case when you needed to uninstall it for some reason.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite... I never had CF builder on my computer before I updated. I installed after I had updated to MacOS Big Sur. But after I uninstalled CF builder it kept not installing necessary files for it to run correctly. I believe this to be because I still have remains of the old version. So the InstallAnywhere is compatible with Big Sur in fact this issue I believe has no relation to Big Sur as it ran perfectly fine before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.

You conclude that CFB "ran perfectly fine" on Big Sur for you (prior ro you uninstalling it, and even though you did not have it installed before upgrading to Big Sur). That's very interesting to hear. In fact, I have not heard from anyone else saying it (CFB or CF installation) worked on Big Sur.

Anyway, bottom line, for now, Big Sur is not supported for CF or CFB. Hopefully that will change in coming weeks or months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That or a 2021 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, yeah. 🙂 I didn't presume to say that since you were working on CFB2018. But yep, the CF Team has already announced they are working on CFB2021, and that it will be based on VSCode instead of Eclipse.  That's its own discussion.

Finally, I noticed you marked my last comment as "the answer", but really I think Priyank's with the link for Adobe site discussion is the better answer, so I've changed "the answer" to that. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation