• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot start the Coldfusion 2016 new release on a Mac. The instructions say go to cfusion/bin and type coldfusion start. Go to WHERE in cousin/bin?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot start the Coldfusion 2016 new release on a Mac. The instructions say go to cfusion/bin and type coldfusion start. Go to WHERE in cousin/bin?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Could you please try with sudo ./coldfusion start or just ./coldfusion start.

Location \Application\ColdFusion2016\cfusion\bin

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK...I got it to work although I will have to retrace my steps.

The problem is this:

On previous versions of ColdFusion, after installation, the administrator would open automatically and, after entering your password, configuration would continue and complete. In 2016 this seems not to happen. After installation all it says is go to /Applications/cfusion/bin and type ./coldfusion start. For a beginner user that is very confusing in that the user will probably not understand that you mean go to that directory in the terminal. In other words, what was originally a very easy process for the user is now much more complex for no apparent reason.

Likewise, for some odd reason, when you open ColdFusionBuilder 2016 the terminal window opens and remains open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation