Highlighted

CF 11 update 11 & FCK Editor

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I updated my CF server with the latest update and FCK editor does not work anymore. When page is generated, it has

<script type="text/javascript" src="/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

line, but, I think, it should be

<script type="text/javascript" src="/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>

How can this be sorted?

Thank you,

Anton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CF 11 update 11 & FCK Editor

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I updated my CF server with the latest update and FCK editor does not work anymore. When page is generated, it has

<script type="text/javascript" src="/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

line, but, I think, it should be

<script type="text/javascript" src="/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>

How can this be sorted?

Thank you,

Anton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron, a few thoughts:

• That's interesting to hear, because while it's true that CF2016 update 2 indicates that FCKEditor was deprecated in favor of CKeditor (ColdFusion 2016 and ColdFusion Builder 2016 Update 2 are available for early access » Adobe ColdFusi... ), you say you are running on CF11, I'm not aware of them having rolled that back to 11 (but someone else may know otherwise)
  • Even then, they say it's *deprecated*, not obsoleted, which should mean that the old way should work. Perhaps they misstated, though, and it really is being obsoleted. I don't know.
  • You say that you updated CF11 to the latest (which would be update 11). What did you come from (what was the update level before 11)? That would tell us if you only did update 11 or perhaps others in the same go (as they are cumulative). This may help to know, if anyone confirms that some CF11 update did also affect fckeditor
  • Finally, it may be none of the above, but could be instead simply that there was an error in your applying of the update. While it should go smoothly, it sometimes has one or more errors. The way to know is to look at the update log (and not the one mentioned by the update process, which instead is a list of files UPDATED by the update). Rather than explain the ins and outs of how to check things, I did a blog post. Check it out: How to solve common problems with applying ColdFusion updates (in 10 and above) - Charlie Arehart's ...

And let us know if any of that is helpful or you solve things some other way.

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replay, Charlie.

I have checked update logs, and there are no errors:

Summary

-------

Installation: Successful.

978 Successes

0 Warnings

0 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

Update was applied from CF administrator.

I found nothing better that roll update back to version 9, on which I was before for quite a long time.

The problem appeared on production server, where editor did not load. So, I had to check this on development one and updated to the latest CF11 version with the same result.

Apparently, something is wrong with the update. Probably, CKEditor files are missed, but I wonder why they were not added in update 2.

Hopefully, it will be new update soon, which solves this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not so sure about <script type="text/javascript" src="/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>.

How was it generated?

Whoever or whatever generated it must have made a mistake. That is because, after you install update 11, the only file in the cfeditor directory is /CFIDE/scripts/ajax/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js

If, as you say, the Javascript code should be

then you could do an extended search across your whole site, and replace /ckeditor/ckeditor.js with /fckeditor/fckeditor.js

As Charlie says, Coldfusion updates generally ensure backward compatibility. In fact, I can confirm that, after update 11, /CFIDE/scripts/ajax/fckeditor/fckeditor.js still exists.

In any case, I have assumed there was some manual intervention in the generation of the script. If the Javascript was generated automatically by ColdFusion, then you should file a bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no manual intervention. I just applied update 11.

Filed a bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a current solution:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4198259

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 0