• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2016 express

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small client (just 2 users) that need a CF web app deployed in house.

they don't need any features other than queries and the express edition fits the need perfectly.

the license information is unclear but I feel it's perfectly acceptable to deploy express edition if it meets my requirements, license free?

if they require more features or users later then they could opt to purchase std. Version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically it is designed for development and testing and shouldn't be used in a production environment. It depends if you count the deployment as production.

I assume as they say it is not meant for production deployment then the EULA will forbid it.

Also note that it cannot be upgraded to standard or enterprise. It will have to be reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Yes and I am trying to get a certain clarification on this:

I assume as they say it is not meant for production deployment then the EULA will forbid it

Thanks for the tip re reinstalling, that wouldn't be an issue.

Its really a clear answer on the license, they just say its not meant for production (from a technical point of view).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation