• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2016 wwwroot gone with uninstall

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to upgrade my local developer edition to CF2018 from CF2016. I uninstalled CF2016 and then installed CF2018. I went to move the files from the Coldfusion 2016/cfusion/wwwroot directory to the new installation as I did previously when upgrading from CF11 to CF2016, I found that only a log folder remained.

Did CF delete my files on uninstall? Any way to get those back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer to hear.

No, there is no feature in cf's uninstall that will have preserved the wwwroot somewhere else.

That said, it should not have removed it. Something amiss there. You should look at the cf2016 uninstall log, which may be in the root of that cf2016 folder, or in the root of the drive where it was installer.

Finally, fwiw, you didn't need to uninstall cf2016 before installing cf2018. Too late to say now, but sharing for future reference.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying, Charlie.

There is no uninstall log.  Usually, I install the new version then remove the old. Of course, the one time I don't, I experience Murphy's Law -

Seems I will have to write this off. Glad most of the files were backed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation