• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2018 Admin Console Shows Indestructible Search Bar

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I login to CF 2018 admin console and this shows up... The close button is not working, neither search nor close it. Restart WebLogic server and reopen console both are not helpful. How to fix this? I never have this issue using CF console before this.

cf.PNG

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

I have found the error. In neo-runtime.xml, your "CFFormScriptSrc" points to "/cfusion2018_home/cf_scripts/scripts/". The actual value should be just "/cf_scripts/scripts/". ColdFusion will take care of appending "cfusion2018_home".

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi not_prince, can you open the developer console and check for errors in the browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is what you're looking for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

devconsole.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that ColdFusion is unable to find Jquery library. To verify, visit the link http://127.0.0.1:8500/cf_scripts/scripts/ajax/jquery/jquery.js . I'm guessing this will not load as well. To fix this, make sure that the scripts folder is properly located at cfusion/wwwroot/cf_scripts/scripts. Also, open neo-runtime.xml file located at cfusion/lib and make sure that the property "CFFormScriptSrc" has the value "/cf_scripts/scripts/". If you are still facing this issue, please send us your neo-runtime.xml. Thanks, Edwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no upload file feature here so I just directly post the content of neo-runtime.xml here. I've checked it, value "/cf_scripts/scripts/" is included in property "CFFormScriptSrc'. However, I can't find the file you related to (scripts folder located at cfusion/wwwroot/cf_scripts/scripts), is wwwroot a hidden folder or something? The browser pointed out that jquery.js missing but I do found out the jquery.js file in this exact path C:\ColdFusion2018\cfusion2018_home\cf_scripts\scripts\ajax\jquery\jquery.js. Why would the console shows it is missing?

Anyway this is the neo-runtime.xml

<wddxPacket version='1.0'><header/><data><array length='19'><boolean value='true'/><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='application_variables'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='server_variables'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='session_variables'><boolean value='false'/></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='/WEB-INF/customtags10000'><string>#server.coldfusion.rootdir#/CustomTags</string></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='orbs'><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'></struct></var><var name='useorb'><string></string></var><var name='logging'><boolean value='false'/></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='application'><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='timeout'><string>2,0,0,0</string></var><var name='enable'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='maximum_timeout'><string>2,0,0,0</string></var></struct></var><var name='session'><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='usej2eesession'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='timeout'><string>0,0,20,0</string></var><var name='enable'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='maximum_timeout'><string>2,0,0,0</string></var></struct></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='queue_timeout'><string></string></var><var name='site_wide'><string></string></var><var name='EnableHTTPStatus'><string>1</string></var><var name='missing_template'><string></string></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='/com'><string>C:\Projects\cfc\com</string></var><var name='/gateway'><string>C:\ColdFusion2018\cfusion2018_home\WEB-INF\cfusion\gateway\cfc</string></var><var name='/CFIDE'><string>C:\ColdFusion2018\cfusion2018_home\CFIDE</string></var><var name='/'><string>C:\Projects</string></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='slowRequestTimeLimit'><number>30.0</number></var><var name='timeoutRequests'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='logSlowRequests'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='cacheWebServerPath'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='requestLimit'><number>25.0</number></var><var name='CFCLimit'><number>15.0</number></var><var name='postSizeLimit'><number>20.0</number></var><var name='queueTimeout'><number>60.0</number></var><var name='postParametersLimit'><number>100.0</number></var><var name='webserviceLimit'><number>5.0</number></var><var name='flashRemotingLimit'><number>5.0</number></var><var name='timeoutRequestTimeLimit'><number>60.0</number></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='templateCacheSize'><number>1024.0</number></var><var name='redisCacheStoragePassword'><string></string></var><var name='enableInternalQueryCache'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='redisCacheStorageHost'><string></string></var><var name='saveClassFiles'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='sessionStorageCluster'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='redisCacheStoragePort'><number>0.0</number></var><var name='componentCacheEnabled'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='serverCacheType'><number>0.0</number></var><var name='trustedCacheEnabled'><boolean value='false'/></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='defaultCharset'><string>UTF-8</string></var><var name='defaultMailCharset'><string>UTF-8</string></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='longIntegerFormat'><boolean value='false'/></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='CFFormCodeBaseUrl'><string>http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/jinstall-13-win32.cab#Version=1,3,0,0</string></var><var name='loadRSLLibraries'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='CFFormScriptSrc'><string>/cfusion2018_home/cf_scripts/scripts/</string></var></struct><string>FORM,URL,COOKIE,CGI</string><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='preserveCaseForSerialize'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='isPerAppSettingsEnabled'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='cFaaSGeneratedFilesExpiryTime'><number>30.0</number></var><var name='flexAssemblerIPList'><string></string></var><var name='fileLockEnabled'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='secureJSONPrefix'><string>//</string></var><var name='RmiSSLKeystorePassword'><string></string></var><var name='allowappvarincontext'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='secureSessionCookie'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='serverCFC'><string>Server</string></var><var name='enableRmiSSL'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='sessionStoragePassword'><string></string></var><var name='allowExtraAttributesInAttrColl'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='cfthreadpool'><number>10.0</number></var><var name='dumpunnamedappscope'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='sessionStorageHost'><string></string></var><var name='inMemoryFileSystemLimit'><number>100.0</number></var><var name='DataServiceId'><string>default</string></var><var name='ORMSearchIndexDirectory'><string></string></var><var name='RmiSSLKeystore'><string></string></var><var name='secureJSON'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='httpOnlySessionCookie'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='corePoolSize'><number>25.0</number></var><var name='maxPoolSize'><number>50.0</number></var><var name='keepAliveTime'><number>2000.0</number></var><var name='maxOutputBufferSize'><number>1024.0</number></var><var name='internalCookiesDisableUpdate'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='enableInMemoryFileSystem'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='sessionCookieTimeout'><number>9.4608E8</number></var><var name='compileextforinclude'><string>*</string></var><var name='sessionCookieDomain'><string></string></var><var name='inMemoryFileSystemAppLimit'><number>20.0</number></var><var name='enableFlexDataServices'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='enableServerCFC'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='applicationCFCSearchLimit'><string>2</string></var><var name='sessionStoragePort'><number>0.0</number></var><var name='enableNullSupport'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='enableFlashRemoting'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='sessionStorage'><string>memory</string></var><var name='imageExpiryTime'><number>300.0</number></var><var name='cfcTypeCheckEnabled'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='googleMapKey'><string></string></var><var name='disableServiceFactory'><boolean value='false'/></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='numSimultaneousReports'><number>8.0</number></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='throttle-threshold'><number>4.0</number></var><var name='total-throttle-memory'><number>200.0</number></var></struct><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='allowRestDiscovery'><boolean value='true'/></var></struct></array></data></wddxPacket>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that your cf_scripts folder is moved outside wwwroot folder. If you place it back within cfusion/wwwroot folder, everything should work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how? I can't find a single file named wwwroot, not even before this issue came out. I never mess around with the directory too...I was modifying some settings in the CF admin console then I restart WebLogic server and login back CF console, finally ended up with this, this was the scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Missed the part that you were running ColdFusion on a WebLogic server. Can you show me the directory structure of the exploded war file? It should look something like this.

dir.PNG

Can you please mention the URL you use to access administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my directory for ColdFusion 2018 looks like. WAR file was extracted from EAR file. Then I created cfusion2018_home folder manually, moved WAR into it and extract everything in that folder

cfhome.PNG

cfhome18.PNG

My CF admin console URL: http://localhost:7001/cfusion2018_home/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if http://localhost:7001/cfusion2018_home/cf_scripts/scripts/ajax/jquery/jquery.js​ is being served from the browser? If it doesn't get served, then just check if the jquery.js file is present in cf_scripts/scripts/ajax/jquery folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the script can be served, this is screenshot of the output, only part of it. Kinda lot.

jquery.PNG

Hundred-percent sure the file is in the directory.

cf1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do a fresh install of ColdFusion on Weblogic and get back. Can you also attach the network call being made for Jquery from Network tab of Chrome developer console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Network call for jquery.js as requested.

cf2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add for the ones which were throwing the 404 in the browser console? Only then we can examine the request and see if it is a faulty request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can refer back the console log I posted as requested. 5 out of 11 errors were repeating the same thing which relating to jquery.js is throwing 404 not found error. When I hover my mouse over the five 404 errors, they all refering to the same thing (jquery.js file):

cf3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the error. In neo-runtime.xml, your "CFFormScriptSrc" points to "/cfusion2018_home/cf_scripts/scripts/". The actual value should be just "/cf_scripts/scripts/". ColdFusion will take care of appending "cfusion2018_home".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh god this actually just fixed my issue!!! Thank you so much Edwin, you truly are my savior. Much of love, xx.

Best Regards,

Lee Ziv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to have resolved your issue Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into same issue when upgrading to 2018 from CF11.  Thanks for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm running into a similar but different problem when trying to launch the ColdFusion 2018 Administrator console.  A few things about my installation:

I'm trying to run ColdFusion developer edition installed via WAR file on an instance of tomcat running on Amazon Linux 2 on an AWS EC2 instance.  When I view the administrator console I see the same thing, an indestructable search box, however the resolution does not appear to be the same.  I've verified that the jquery.js file is accessible and though jquery is still the problem, it doesn't seem to be related to the CFFormScriptSrc tag.  I've tried several permutations of the neo-runtime.xml file to no avail.  It seems like jquery is expecting some kind of argument but my googling has not helped.  Here's a screenshot of the errors my administrator panel is displaying.

cfusion_admin_errors.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thadd, what allowed Edwin to solve the OP's problem was that he (not_prince) showed his browser console with the error, and he finally hovered over the file that was showing as "missing" (in his second screenshot, not his first), and that's how Edwin could see the mistake in that path (which is generated by CF, based on that admin/neo-runtime setting).

I know you think your problem is different, but can you do us all a favor and use your browser dev tool, to go to the "network" tab, and run the Admin request, and do you see any 404's? If so, mouse over them and grab the URL for one of those. If you visit that in your browser, what do you see? You might get more details about the error that way. And how does it compare to the URL for your CF Admin itself.

Let us know what you find. There will almost certainly be a solution, rather than some sort of bug. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've run into this on two different servers now. On one, the problem seems to have resolved itself. Not sure how. On the other, I read this thread and found that the "CFFormScriptSrc" in neo-runtime.xml pointed correctly to "/cf_scripts/scripts/", but changing it to "cf_scripts/scripts/" fixed the issue. The weird thing on that server is that things were working correctly for months, then all of a sudden stopped working. 

Tom Muck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation