• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2018 Deserializing Daylight Saving Time Dates

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using BlazeDS (Flex app) to send dates to CF, and the date sent is within Daylight Saving Time, CF fails with an error

[BlazeDS] Error deserializing client message.

coldfusion.runtime.locale.CFLocaleBase$InvalidDateTimeException: July 8, 2016 6:00:00 PM EDT is an invalid date or time string.

My guess is that this is likely caused by CF 2018 using Java 10 which has an issue in CLDR using three character time zone formats. (We are US shop). Even having the standard JVM switch -Djava.locale.providers=COMPAT,SPI it does not work, fails every time.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve? I am about to try using a separate JVM as a test, but not sure whether that will work or not. I suspect BlazeDS is not playing nicely with JVM (using its own, maybe?)

Here is a zip file containing sample project, see "ADDITIONAL" sub-folder for logs, screen shot of proxy AMF dump, etc. Copy the Additional -> remotingDateTest folder to your web root and adjust the RemoteObject in the project application file... Dropbox - Remoting Test.zip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have an answer for you. But I'm pretty sure that BlazeDS uses the same JVM as CF, and I suspect that the BlazeDS codebase itself hasn't been updated to support Java 10.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation