• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Builder 3 license key issues

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF Builder 3 will not accept my license key. The "OK" button does not become enabled after I input the key, so I cannot upgrade my installation from the (now expired) trial mode. The license keys I have tried are owned by my company and are legit. Has anyone experienced this, how can it be resolved?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

The customer would receive email with two serial numbers - one for CF2016 and another for CFB2016, once they make a purchase for ColdFusion Enterprise/Standard.

charlie@carehart.org  wrote

Vikram, can you clarify things (for the sake of people finding this thread: when people buy CF and get a CFBuilder license included, should they be putting that CF license key into CFBuilder? or would they have been given a new, separate license key for CFBuilder?

As far as locating the license key is concerned,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. I have not got a resolution. The company bought 2 copies of CF server which came with free CF builder. We are using the licence for CF server without issue, but CF Builder will not accept it. As soon as I start typing (or pasting) the license key a small message "Please type the license key ..." appears but the OK button remains disabled.

Anyone got any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, our CF Builder license keys came with CF 2016 enterprise. I think we need support to step in. I was hoping they would have responded to this thread by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please contact us at cf.install@adobe.com​ to investigate on this issue?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram, can you clarify things (for the sake of people finding this thread: when people buy CF and get a CFBuilder license included, should they be putting that CF license key into CFBuilder? or would they have been given a new, separate license key for CFBuilder?

And if that's the case, how would an owner of a CF license find their license keys (for CF and CFBuilder)? Is there some URL to a license key portal they might be able to use? Sometimes people lose emails that may have offered this info, or they may have someone else doing the task (of buying CF). If there's some typical URL for such a license portal, could you share that URL?

I appreciate that such a user may not know the username/password to get in. That's a separate problem. 🙂 At least if they could get to that URL, they may find they already have the username/password stored in their browser from a prior visit. Or they could then ask someone in their org to share that info (for that URL). Or I assume on that page there may be a link where they could click to learn more or get help.

I do appreciate also that you offer to help them directly here, by email. I'm just saying that if there's some generic answer that might cover most people, it would be great to see it offered here instead.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer would receive email with two serial numbers - one for CF2016 and another for CFB2016, once they make a purchase for ColdFusion Enterprise/Standard.

As far as locating the license key is concerned, the user can log in to https://accounts.adobe.com/?promoid=KRUVI (retail purchase) or https://licensing.adobe.com/​ (Adobe Volume License), based on their purchase type. The email for login should be the same, from which the actual purchase is made.

And if that's the case, how would an owner of a CF license find their license keys (for CF and CFBuilder)? Is there some URL to a license key portal they might be able to use? Sometimes people lose emails that may have offered this info, or they may have someone else doing the task (of buying CF). If there's some typical URL for such a license portal, could you share that URL?

I appreciate that such a user may not know the username/password to get in. That's a separate problem. 🙂 At least if they could get to that URL, they may find they already have the username/password stored in their browser from a prior visit. Or they could then ask someone in their org to share that info (for that URL). Or I assume on that page there may be a link where they could click to learn more or get help.

I do appreciate also that you offer to help them directly here, by email. I'm just saying that if there's some generic answer that might cover most people, it would be great to see it offered here instead.

Hope this answers.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Thanks so much, Anit.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation