• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cf builder 3On win 7 64 bit host, cf11 installed on win xp mode debugginf problems

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two major projects on my hands made in CF8 and CF11.

CF8 project is installed on my host computer and after tweaking it for a day, I got working line by line debugger.

My CF11 project is a bit more complicated. The source files are located on the win 7 host at c:\projects\coldfusion. the win xp mode:s iis reads the files from there (it's default website is to \\win7Host\application\pub). So coding is done on the win7 host, only serving the pages is done from the xp mode.

I have installed MS loopback adapters. win7host ip is 192.168.21.1 and xp modes 192.186.21.1. I can connect with fileexplorer from win7->xp mode and vice versa.

I can connect using cfbuilder, to the xp mode rds server. It connects and rds fileview and dataview show everything. But how in the hell should i configure the debug paths for eclipse?

Because eclipse sees the files in c:\projects\coldfusion and the winxp mode uses them from there via \\win7host\application\pub. The debug view starts, but the breakpoints don't get hit. Not even when putting <cfset i=1/0> and debugger configuration has the "break on error" checkbox applied. Nothing is mentioned on the eclipse id. But if I shutdown the xpmode or even the coldfusion service from the xp mode ,CFeclipse says RDS server xp mode has disconnected from the ide.

And before anyone asks why so complicated, the cf11 application uses dll:s to connect to the clients servers, which wont work on anything never than xp/server 2003. OTherwise i would have of course installed the cf11 on the win7 host and no xp mode would be needed.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any help on this? Of course I had some typos on the original post, and it seems I cannot modify it.

Heres the real header for this

Cf builder 3 on win 7 64 bit host, cf11 installed on win xp mode debugging problems

And If this needs pics or additional info for resolving the problem, I can put it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation