• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF mail no longer working

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago my CF MX 6 (yes I know - I hope to upgrade to at least 10 in January) app quit being able to send emails.  I looked in the log files for those tasks that did not send emails and found the following message.  "An exception occurred when setting up mail server parameters.  This exception was caused by coldfusion.mail.mailSessionException...".  I restarted the CF server because in the past that seems to remedy issues that have worked for years and quit working for some whatever reason.  I got into the CF Administrator after the restart to look at my mail settings, and got this error message "Unable to retrieve mail settings.  The selected method getServer was not found ...".  Now the Mail Server box is empty and when I try to enter my mail server name and save my update I get the "Unable to retrieve mail settings.  The selected method getServer was not found ..." message again.   Does anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

that worked! thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wow CF6 MX. Perhaps you could try

-stop CF

-restore a backup of CF\lib\neo-mail.xml from when mail last worked

-start CF

-test CFMail setting

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that worked! thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation