CF PMT (2021) in kubernetes

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if anyone found success running CF Performance Monitoring Toolset (2021 specifically) in kubernetes.  I am asking about two things specifically:

- Were you able to get autodiscover to work?  I think I am having an issue with multicast and RKE with multiple nodes.  I believe this to be a networking issue and NOT a PMT issue, since autodiscover works great for me in Dev (single kubernetes node).

- Is there any option for updating the password for PMT at container runtime?  I looked at the official docker image but didn't see a way to set a user/password via env var.  I did see a bin/passwordreset.sh but it seams to be a TUI script and from a quick glance it doesn't take a user/pass as arguments.

Beyond updating the password, I wasn't able to find any options for updating PMT configurations in an automated fashion, besides the handful of env vars from the official container image (which I am using and did help me), but maybe I missed a file/document somewhere for configuring other things.  An example would be setting alerts and mail settings.  I did troll through the resources for PMT, and the PMT webinar was very helpful in getting it going locally in dev.  I appreciate any insight!

TOPICS
Monitoring

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?