• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Upgrade Issue while binding dropdown value to a bind in cfgrid

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are upgrading our CF Server 10 to latest CF 2018. And i am facing bind issue between dropdown selected value and cfgrid bind.

There is dropdown just above the cfgrid that is set empty at first and has values listed of a query, and just below is a grid that binds the dropdown selection value to the query that is fetched.

At first as empty is selected it would not fetch records and grid would be empty. Also the bind URL is correctly formed.

http://127.0.0.1:8501/app/dummy.cfm?&DbFunc=getRecords&SrcID=&newSrcID=&flt_nm=&flt_iv=&flt_ct=&flt_...

But next when i select the dropdownto a new value the URL is formed in this way.

http://127.0.0.1:8501/app/dummy.cfm?&&DbFunc=getRecords&SrcID=Test&SrcID=&&newSrcID=Test&&flt_nm=&&f...

As you can see the SrcID is getting appended twice for first time empty and next adding the selected value. I am receiving this as a comma separated value on my next page which is incorrect. the query params are getting added as a separate instead of overwiting the old params.

The SrcID param is defined at top and next is the dropdown and directly at the bottom is the cfgrid where it is used in bind. Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably not going to like my answer too much, but I would recommend avoiding the use of CFGRID and other UI stuff that CF has included over the years. Adobe doesn't really keep that stuff up to date, and it generally doesn't work as well as just doing it yourself. CFGRID and CFFORM UI components are really only good for situations where you simply don't know how to do JavaScript UIs yourself.

But maybe that's you (and that's ok, it's not intended as an insult). In the short term, you could file this as a bug, and in the longer term, learn more about JavaScript and UI libraries (not necessarily jQuery, but things like React or Vue or Angular).

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe announced CFGRID was depreciated & retired in CF-2018 in an October 10, 2018 post. So I don't think filing a bug will accomplish anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEK3333 Can you please help me with the article where Adobe mentions about CFGRID being deprecated. Just to be sure on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/deprecated-features.html

About one third of the way down the page.  Look for "cfslider, cftree, and cfgrid format".

The CFFORM and related elements were a good idea when first implemented.  However, as Dave pointed out, Adobe doesn't keep up to date with libraries, and the Ext.js and other libraries that CF uses are seriously out of date, not up to modern standards, and can interfere with JS that a user adds to their page/application.  Just say "NO" to CFFORM and related elements.

V/r,

^ _ ^

UPDATE: There is also http://blog.adamcameron.me/2014/03/coldfusion-11-adobe-have-finally.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation