• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF won't start with JDK 1.7

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that CF is certifified for JDK 1.7, I installed the latest update from Adobe and installed JDK 1.7.  However, ColdFusion 9.01 with Hotfix 3 on Windows 2008 will not start.

This is the error in couldfusion-out.log

Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

I confirmed that the jvm.dll file is there.  When I change the jvm.config file to point back to the original Java path, it starts fine.

Anyone else run into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy msvcr100.dll out of JDK 7 and put it in CF9\runtime\bin.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy msvcr100.dll out of JDK 7 and put it in CF9\runtime\bin.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carl.  Your solution worked.  Very odd that Adobe would not include this in the documentation.

Of course, even after your fix I ended up having to undo everything because 9.0.1 Hotfix 3 is full of bugs, including this showstopper for us.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3488663

So disappointed in Adobe's management of ColdFusion lately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tSpark wrote:

Thanks Carl.  Your solution worked.  Very odd that Adobe would not include this in the documentation.

Of course, even after your fix I ended up having to undo everything because 9.0.1 Hotfix 3 is full of bugs, including this showstopper for us.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3488663

So disappointed in Adobe's management of ColdFusion lately...

You seem to be comparing 2 different things. The bug report you mentioned was filed for a ColdFusion system with update level hf901-00008.jar. If you installed Hotfix 3 according to the instructions, your own update would have been  chf9010003.jar instead!

Did you notice the 15 in jdk1.7.0_15 in my previous post? Again, the installation instructions for Hotfix 3 do specifically mention that as the reference Java version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw your previous post.  My installation folder does not have the _15 on it.  My path is correct for my installation, and it works with Carl's solution.  That issue is resolved.  I was simply stating that I ended up having to roll it back because of a bug.

The bug I mentioned is a separate issue and still exists in Hotfix 3.  It was originally posted by a user with hf901-00008.jar, but that patch has been rolled into CHF3 and is still a major bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I will agree with you on one point. This is a bit of a mess.

The solution Carl gave you occurs as a suggestion in the installation instructions for Hotfix 3. It is itself a bad penny. Why would ColdFusion use the server JDK, yet require you to manually provide its runtime with a file from that same JDK? That is clearly a bug. In my opinion, the ColdFusion team needs to rethink and redo Hotfix 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a coldfusion single-server solution.  I am having a nearly identical issue with a multi-server installation.  Do you know of a related fix for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place copy of msvcr100.dll from JDK\bin in JRun4\bin edit jvm.config syntax so java.home=JDK\\jre.

If you have modified CF Enterprise multi instance to run separate JVM's then likely you will have to do something different.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you carl type 3. After I copied the msvcr100.dll file to JRun4\bin in multiinstance I was able to lunch the instance I wanted to switch to Java 7. BTW, I'm on Cumulative Hotfix 4 (with Hotfix 10 installed on top of that) and still needed to copy that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tSpark wrote:

Now that CF is certifified for JDK 1.7, I installed the latest update from Adobe and installed JDK 1.7.

However, ColdFusion 9.01 with Hotfix 3 on Windows 2008 will not start.

This is the error in couldfusion-out.log

Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

Is that really the location of the jvm.dll file? My setting in jvm.config differs from your. It is:  java.home=C:\\Program Files\\java\jdk1.7.0_15\\jre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Coldfusion 10 running on Windows 2012, I ran into the same issue when I installed Hotfix_015.jar - Coldfusion failed to start with C:\Coldfusion\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll missing.

To solve the issue

1. I used a backup to restore Coldfusion 10 before the failed update (i.e. jvm missing) - you can skip this step if your Coldfusion is not broken.

2. I installed the Java JDK 8 update 11 x64.

3. Confirm that JDK was installed and that is the version of JAVA by default: Goto command prompt

C:\java -version

java version "1.8.0_11"

Java(TM) SE RunTime Environment ....(truncated output)

3. Ran the updater again: C:\Coldfusion10\hf-updates\java -jar hotfix_015.jar

Coldfusion started normally after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone else like me that might be reading this old but helpful post, I had the same error message trying to install java 7 on a coworker's 64 bit machine.  My issue was because she had the 32 bit version of CF installed.  (I finally figured this out by looking at the Java VM Name in CF administrator Settings Summary - it didn't have 64 bit in the name).  I installed the 32 bit jdk instead and all is well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation