• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 - Update 14 - 404 Error

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Update 14 in CF10 I can't reach my CF administrator page (or any .cfm content).  When trying to reach administrator at http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm the server reports a 404 error. When trying to display other .cfm content, I get a 400 error.

I've used the web connector to remove and reinstall the connector to the IIS server, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What web server are you using in conjunction with CF?  If you're using the built-in web server (TOMCAT), then don't forget to add the port number to the URL.

Or are you using IIS or Apache?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using IIS.  One other item I forgot to include in my OP.  Additional error detail indicates Error Code 0x80070002 (from IIS).  This seems to relate to handler mapping in IIS.  Are there supposed to be .cfm handler mappings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone else can answer that.  I've never used CF with IIS.. it's always been the built-in web server, until recently when I tried setting up Apache on my dev system.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you ensure that the handlers are added for cfm, cfml, cfr, cfswf, cfc? Are the handlers available on the server level or site level? Can you share a screenshot of the error message.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of the error

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 11.37.54 AM.png

Here is a screen shot of the web connector state:

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 11.39.45 AM.png

Here is a screen shot of the relevant part of the global handler settings.  Site-level handlers are lack CF handlers.

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 11.45.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I added a *.cfm handler to the global handler mappings, which eliminated the 404.3 error.  But now I have a new (500) error, as reflected in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.13.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should probably add more than just .cfm - .cfc, and everything else that CF uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, you need all of them. Secondly, can you ensure that CF and IIS (App pool) are running under same bitness.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added CF handlers as reflected on the screen shot be low.  They all point to C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.26.47 PM.png                       

Adding the handlers did not resolve the 500 error. Everything in the IIS Applications Pool seems to be running 64-bit. How do I check which bitness CF is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you launch "web server connector tool" as administrator, do you see "Configure 32 bit webserver " after licking on the "Add" button? If you see one, then CF is running as 64-bit.

Also, what is the status of ""Enable 32-bit Applications"" in App pool under IIS. You can find it within "Advanced Settings". If it is set to "False", then IIS website is running as 64-bit.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when adding a server via the web server connector tool one of the options (unclicked) is Configure 32-bit server, so I assume CF is running as 64-bit.  I previously checked all of the apps in the App pool and they all have 32-bit marked False, indicating that they too are running 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied Lockdown Guide for ColdFusion?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I confess that I don't even know what that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what you need to do:-

1. Delete all the handlers you have created manually.
  2. Launch "web server connector tool" as administrator and remove all the connectors
  3. Ensure that, no CF entry is left within IIS (such as handlers etc)
  4. Launch "web server connector tool" as administrator and create the connector to for the ColdFusion admin site. Don't create it with "All Sites"

Share the result.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three sites which need CF functionality.  When you say "create the connector to for the ColdFusion admin site", do you mean just pick one of those three sites as the "ColdFusion admin site"?  In other words, there is no choice in the web connector configurator for a "ColdFusion admin site".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have been more clear. Yes, what I meant, is, after deleting all the handlers (manually added by you). Create connectors with individual sites and not "All Sites"

To start with, you can create the connector to the ColdFusion admin site.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I understand, and sorry to appear dense, but I remain confused by your reference to "the ColdFusion admin site".  None of the options in the web connection configurator are "ColdFusion admin site".  The options are the 4 different web sites that I have previously created on the IIS server.

I think what you are saying though is to create a separate connection for each of those web sites, which I will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I did the first site.  The notations below appeared in the DOS box. The web connection configurator shows the connector as installed, and there are CF handlers installed in the handler mappings for the affected site. However, now, instead of a 500 error when trying to reach the administrator, I get one that says "Service Temporary Unavailable! The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." If I try to reach a cfm page on the site I get an error that says "The service is unavailable".

ERROR ( message:Cannot find requested collection element. )

Applied configuration changes to section "system.webServer/handlers" for "MACHIN

E/WEBROOT/APPHOST" at configuration commit path "MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST"

Applied configuration changes to section "system.webServer/handlers" for "MACHIN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem ... I just updated CF10 with update 14 and it killed all the websites on the machine - including the admin site run directly from the machine (http://localhost/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm).  I can't get the admin to come up nor any of the sites.  Even if I reconnect the handlers manually one at a time - none of them come up and they all give the same error message:

=====================================================

The service is unavailable.  

Service Temporary Unavailable!

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.32 ()

=====================================================

Our business is down and all our clients are now offline. I have until today to get it fixed otherwise Monday morning I'll get up to a hundred phone calls from clients really upset with us. .  How can I uninstall your "security" update 14?  at least that is what it was labeled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw your post. Please send an email immediately to cfinstal<AT>adobe<DOT>com.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that.  I thought maybe I could wait to do that until I had .cfm working, but you're right, there may be some dependencies arising from the absence of the other handlers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just took a call with a customer having a similar issue, as soon as they updated to ColdFusion 10 Updater 14 nothing would work and they were getting 404.3 errors.

The problem turns out to be a duplicate servlet mapping for *.CFM.  It looks like it should be *.Cfm, so we changed it to that and CF was back.

We found this by stopping the service and then starting CF using the ColdFusion10/cfusion/bat/cfstart command.  You see a Parse error of the web.xml in the output when  CF is starting up.

The service would start but since the web.xml could not be parsed CF was never deployed as a war and therefore you would not see any logging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation