Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 404 Issue

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just recently installed CF11 on a new machine but I'm encountering the below issue when trying to navigate to the localhost directory in a browser.

404Error.jpg

On my previous machine which was using CF10 I was able to get the directory listings and navigate through folders to specific pages so is it some setting that I am missing?

I can navigate to CFAdmin okay and have added a whole range of aliases in my server.xml file which I can navigate to, as well as adding the CFIDE and WEB-INF ones.

As an aside, I also seem to get that silly 404 badge in front of CFs debug output when I try and navigate to a page that doesn't yet exist. Is there a way to switch it off?

If you need more details let me know.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you including a port number in your URL? What do you get if you don't include it?

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:8500 is the port number that you have to use if you use CF's built-in web server, as opposed to Apache (swoon!) or IIS (cringe!).

OP didn't say, but I'm going to assume that OP is using the built-in web server.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are getting 404 error which means either ColdFusion 11 is not running properly or something is wrong. Please check the logs and share the details here.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a default document declared?  If you're using CF built-in web server you may not.  What happens if you put a CFM file in the web server directory and browse straight to it.  The default server directory is usually something like c:/CF11/cfusion/wwwroot/.

(adjust accordingly for your install directory)

So, put a helloworld.cfm file in there and try: http://127.0.0.1:8500/helloworld.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting a test file in there and navigating to it works fine. Perhaps it is just a difference in behaviour between CF11 and all previous versions where I used to be able to navigate the CF directory in a browser until I requested a .cfm page.

Incidentally, if I try to navigate to a file that doesn't exist to throw a 404 I get the CF debug info in the background but the large 404 badge and header are obscuring it.

35a5gsk.png

Any idea why this is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The big 404 image I believe is coming from the web server, itself.  The debug info behind you can see is also showing a missing template error.  To remove it, you'd have to find and edit the missing file template for the built-in web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation