• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cf11 - cfgrid getGridObject

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are upgrading Coldfusion from 9 to 11. This worked in 9 just fine, but running into errors in 11. My cfgrid declaration is as follows:

<cfgrid name="cfPagingGridName" autowidth="yes" rowHeaders="no" format="html" height="165" width="675" style="border:none;"

selectcolor="##C6D6EB" striperowcolor="##EEF3F9" striperows="yes" selectOnLoad="false" bgcolor="##FFFFFF" pageSize="1000"

bind="cfc:model.nomination.nominationAddRecipientGateway.getNomineeGrid({cfgridpage},{cfgridpagesize},{cfgridsortcolumn},{cfgridsortdirection},#form.nominationid#)">

On selection from this grid, we can add values from this grid to another grid when the add button is selected. The add button runs some JavaScript. This JavaScript is erroring with the getStore() method, but the real problem seems to be right before this. The part of the JavaScript that is erroring is as follows:

// Get Nominee Grid Data

var nomineeGrid = ColdFusion.Grid.getGridObject("cfPagingGridName");

var mydata = nomineeGrid.getStore();

The specific error I'm getting is "Unable to get property 'getStore' of undefined or null reference.  The real problem occurs with the getGridObject line. It never defines the variable nomineeGrid. I'm able to look at this in 2 environments, one using CF 11 and the other using CF 9 . Stepping through the code, CF 9 correctly defines the nomineeGrid variable, but CF 11 does not. My code uses this in many places so any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further debugging efforts have uncovered that this only seems to be an issue in Internet Explorer 11, but not Firefox or Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an answer on her about turning off compatibility mode, and it works. However, upon further debugging (because I can't let things go), I found out that the problem is with the boolean column. It can't resolve a boolean. I can convert the bit that is returned from sql server to yes/no or true/false, and it still won't recognize it. I can change the type on the column to string, and it will print out the value of that field. Was boolean deprecated within cfgrid?

<cfgridcolumn name="representative" type="boolean" header="Grp Rep" select="no" headerMenu="no" width="55">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The boolean type is still there. This could be an issue with IE11 as there are a number of issue with CFGrid and IE11.

IT could also be a similar issue to this: - Bug#3792163 - CFGRID getGridObject no longer defined

I would suggest posting a bug if you are unable to resolve - https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=newBug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the boolean type is still there and supported in Chrome and Firefox. It's even supported in IE 11 if you don't have compatibility mode turned on, but unfortunately in my case, it has to stay on because other parts of the application are old (we intend to upgrade over time, but it will take a while). I may submit a bug, but there may only be a small subset of people this may affect. I appreciate that you took your time out to reply to my issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

coldfusion 11, tiene ese problema, no se puede dar doble clic en un cfgrid para ejecutar un evento javascript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation