Exit

CF11 cflocation BAD REQUEST

Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What was working fine in CF8:

<cflocation url="index.cfm?action=receivable.actRetrieveJobReceivablesEdit&jobId=#viewstate.getValue('jobid')#&estimateId=#viewstate.getValue('estimateId')#" statuscode="302">

Now breaks in CF11, I get an error "Bad Request" and then the CSS styles get dumped onto the user's screen.

I read up on the security enhancements to CF11 and noticed the addToken attribute's default had been changed, so I added "addToken=true" but the error persists.

Also, the web server is IIS7.5.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

... actually after a closer inspection of the log files the problem was solved by increasing the value in the Maximum number of POST request parameters which is in the Server Settings panel.

Thanks for all of your good ideas.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use CF11, but some troubleshooting tips:

• Try hard coding the URL of the cflocation tag and test it.
  • If it works then assign the URL you are constructing to a string and dump that string so that you can verify that it is the URL you expect it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic URL encoding is perhaps messing things up. Try composing the link outside the cflocation tag, as follows:

<cfset action="receivable.actRetrieveJobReceivablesEdit">

<cfset jobid=viewstate.getValue('jobid')>

<cfset estimateid=viewstate.getValue('estimateid')>

<cfset link = "test.cfm?action=#action#&jobId=#jobid#&estimateId=#estimateId#">

<cflocation url="#link#" statuscode="302">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... actually after a closer inspection of the log files the problem was solved by increasing the value in the Maximum number of POST request parameters which is in the Server Settings panel.

Thanks for all of your good ideas.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite curious. Could you share what the logs say with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to security concerns I'm unable to post any log files but it was in the application.log and it actually used the string "Increase the maximum number of POST request parameters in Settings...." Sorry for the brevity!

HTH,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BKBK wrote:

Quite curious. Could you share what the logs say with us?

This is what mine said:

POST parameters exceeds the maximum limit 100 specified in the server. You can modify the setting in Administrator Server Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old, but this really helped me.  Thanks!  I had an old form that must have had more than 100 input and I simply got Bad Request.  A Google search brought up this post.  I increased it to 200 and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation