• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 repointing webroot in standalone installation with internal web server

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing my recent installation of CF11 as a side-by-side installatin with CF9.   I am currently just trying to get the web pages accessible so I can figure out what might not be functioning in these web pages and fix it.   I figured out that in order to change the default web root I need to change the server.xml file (located under runtime\conf\server.xml) and have it point to the new  directory.

I currently have something like this::

<Context path=”E/” docBase=”/website1_CF11”

WorkDir=”E:\website1_CF11”

Aliases=”/CFIDE=D:/ColdFusion11/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE, /WEB-INF=D:/ColdFusion11/cfusion/wwwroot/WEB-INF”>

</Context>

I have 3 other websites under E:\ that I need to point to though. If I copy and paste the above code so that I have 4 different copies of it, with each referencing the 4 different website locations, then CF doesn't turn on, so I'm missing something here. What?

I saw something about virtual directories, but as I understand it, the above is a virtual directory because it is using the alias . Tomcat has something similar to this in it's server.xml and it just has the same thing with the folder changed right after each other.  Maybe I didn't understand it fully.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

OK, I've figured out my issue with the code.  User error with all the / \ when I entered the aliases  AND I need the CFIDE and WEB-INF in the aliases as well or CF Administrator won't work.  Hope this helps others as well.  Now I have more questions, but I'll ask them separately.   Thanks! Jennifer

<Context

path="/"

docBase="F:\"

WorkDir="F:\"

aliases="/CFIDE=E:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE,

/WEB-INF=E:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I've figured out my issue with the code.  User error with all the / \ when I entered the aliases  AND I need the CFIDE and WEB-INF in the aliases as well or CF Administrator won't work.  Hope this helps others as well.  Now I have more questions, but I'll ask them separately.   Thanks! Jennifer

<Context

path="/"

docBase="F:\"

WorkDir="F:\"

aliases="/CFIDE=E:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE,

/WEB-INF=E:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE,

/Website1="F:\website1_CF11,
                    /Website2="F:\website2_CF11,

/Website3="F:\website3_CF11">

</Context>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation