Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 Standard CFadmin display values for Request Tuning

Guide ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

When a Standard license is applied to CF installation the values displayed in CFadmin for Request Tuning do not

match what is defined in ColdFusion11\cfusion\lib\neo-runtime.xml

Why is there a discrepancy in CF11 Standard graphic display of CF runtime settings? EG Server Settings > Request Tuning >

Maximum number of simultaneous Template requests displays 400 when ColdFusion11\cfusion\lib\neo-runtime.xml value parameter says <var name='requestLimit'><number>25.0</number>

Work flow:

Before CF Standard key is applied display values match neo-runtime.xml

Capture1.PNG

CF currently without a license

Capture2.PNG

Install CF Standard license key

Capture3.PNG

No changes applied to CF settings Request Tuning now displays

Capture4.PNG

Thanks in advance, Carl.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Carl, what is the value for maxthreads on the <Connector protocol="AJP/1.3" line in the cfusion\runtime\server.xml file? I suspect you’ll find it’s that the neo-runtime.xml value is being ignored because the maxthreads in the server.xml is higher.

I’m not saying it’s right, but I’m saying that I’ve seen it before (and indeed, it’s this way on my own server, which runs CF11 Standard).

Let us know what you find, and if you change the value in the Admin, does the server.xml line change?

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, before going any farther, do you find that if you change the value in the interface, that the xml file changes?

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

If I change Maximum number of simultaneous Template requests 400 to 35 in CFadmin gui, CF logs audit log reports:

User admin changed Request Tuning settings. Maximum number of simultaneous Template requests: From '400' to '35'. Maximum number of simultaneous Flash Remoting requests: From '400' to '10'. Maximum number of simultaneous Web Service requests: From '400' to '10'. Maximum number of simultaneous CFC function requests: From '400' to '10'. Maximum number of simultaneous Report threads: From '8' to '10'. Timeout requests waiting in queue: From '60' to '10'.

Checking neo-runtime.xml again still has "requestLimit" 25.

I notice if values are altered in Server Settings > Settings in CFadmin those display ok in gui and read according in neo-runtime.xml.

I have not observed Server Settings > Request Tuning displaying this way with CF11 Enterprise license.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, what is the value for maxthreads on the <Connector protocol="AJP/1.3" line in the cfusion\runtime\server.xml file? I suspect you’ll find it’s that the neo-runtime.xml value is being ignored because the maxthreads in the server.xml is higher.

I’m not saying it’s right, but I’m saying that I’ve seen it before (and indeed, it’s this way on my own server, which runs CF11 Standard).

Let us know what you find, and if you change the value in the Admin, does the server.xml line change?

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AJP section of server.xml I have maxThreads="400". Some tomcat tuning is applied.

Changing CFadmin Request Tuning value for Maximum number of simultaneous Template requests from 400 to 35 does not alter server.xml.

Taking your lead further I edit server.xml for maxThreads="300" then restart CF11. Login to CFadmin now

Request Tuning value for Maximum number of simultaneous Template requests displays 300.

So I wonder why that would display differently for CF Standard than Enterprise or CF trial developer mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don’t think it’s a difference in Std vs Ent/Trial/Dev mode (but you can do some testing to confirm). I think it’s more that if the number in the maxthreads is greater than the number in the neo-runtime.xml, they are upping what’s shown in the admin to the higher number.

And of course, some people are tweaking the server.xml value because of the Adobe posts about tuning the web server connector. Could it be that you did that on a server that has CF Standard and just had not done it when it was trial, dev, or Enterprise?

Just guessing here. I’ve wondered about this issue on and off myself, but never got to actually confirming my suspicions.

Looking forward to what you (or others reading long here) may find.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for more of your thoughts. For now like you am keen to hear what other forum posters might add. Like you say it might not be right it’s just the way it is.

I can confirm while their CF11 was “Enterprise (Trial)” mode, server.xml had maxthreads=400. The task was simply a matter of applying the Standard key once that became available from Adobe. I visited some more CF11 Standard sites and notice similar trend as to what is posted here. I visited some CF11 Enterprise sites and notice the CFadmin instance details for Server Settings > Request Tuning match “instance\neo-runtime.xml” even tho server.xml has maxthreads=400 (or some other value).

True often is the case on CF systems I touch, server.xml AJP section is modified for some CF tomcat tuning.

Regards again, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation