Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 Update 8 - issues???

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I've seen a few posts of users (admins) having issues while updating CF11 to Update 8.  Understandably, I'm paranoid about updating to 8.  Has there been any resolution for this/these issue(s)?

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

Could you please try the below using command prompt:

1) Download update 8 from ColdFusion admin--> Updates page

2) Navigate to {cf_install_home}\jre\bin location

3) Run the following: java -jar {cf_install_home}/{instance_name}/hf-updates/hotfix_008.jar

Thank You,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have not had any problems using CF11admin to apply update 8.

For practice I have even used the "manual java method". One note to that run CMD prompt as administrator.

IIS reminder. Run WSCONFIG tool for tomat dll connector upgrade if your say CF11 was not on a recent update.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any issues doing the update, as I have not even started the Update 8 process - paranoid about installing it.

And the issues that I refer to aren't with the update process.  I've heard of Update 8 _breaking_ code that has worked prior to the Update 8 install.  That's what I'm paranoid about.

I'll look around and provide some links to what I am referring to.

V/r,

^_^

UPDATE:  This isn't about Update 8, it's about Update 7, but it kind of shows what I mean about breaking code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only issue we've had from coming from CF9 are the chart tag differences, and the fix for named parameters in scheduled tasks.

Otherwise all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean/want to sound trite, but my question has nothing to do with upgrading to CF11 from a previous version.  I am concerned specifically about Update 8 for CFServer 11, and the possibility of it breaking code that has worked fine prior to applying Update 8.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some background:

regardless of upgrading from previous version or not you hit the same issues, as CF11 is shipped with hotfix 3, and you have to apply the updater 8.... so everyone is in the same boat... 3 to 6/7 has issues, I haven't heard (nor can find via google search) any issues updating to hotfix 8...

of course you never also mentioned WHERE you where coming from either 😉 Update 3,6,7,8?

as for going from 7-8 I've heard no issues, however the same rules apply for cf9, 10 and 11..., connector issues are common for any hotfix update, but easily fixed using the guides available.

anyway read this and if none of that effects your code, it should be easy upgrade from hotfix 7 to 8...

I'd also recommend updating your jvm to the latest jdk also when you do updater 8, it's quick and painless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, senchaworld​,

When did they start shipping CF11 with Hotfix 3?  I downloaded my CF11 over a year ago, and I don't think it had hotfix 3.  I did make sure, however, that it had Java8 before I downloaded it.  Works great!

I'll have to check, when I get home, what the latest update is that I applied.  I _believe_ it's Update 7, but can't testify to it.

Thanks for the link.  I think the only thing in the list (which can't really be relied upon as a comprehensive and complete list because it relies on users discovering the bugs _and_ reporting them) which might affect me is the login issue towards the bottom (just off the top of my head.)

Does the JDK matter if the CF11 Server is running on Ubuntu Server?  I thought JDK was just a Windows thang. 

V/r,

^_^

UPDATE:  TO WHOMEVER IS "MODERATING" THESE MESSAGES - why are these being delayed for moderation?  THERE'S NO LINK IN THIS POST!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the only version you can get now... from cfmlrepo.com...

so if you have a later version, you should send it over to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation