• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF12(2016) - issue with IIS connectors not displaying, can't remove.

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've been installing ColdFusion 2016 on a Windows 2012 R2 server with IIS 8.5 and as part of the installation i selected for CF to configure all IIS websites. I probably shouldn't of done this as i had no sites added in IIS apart from the normal 'default website'

I setup my website and then launch wsconfig.exe to configure IIS for my new website but according to wsconfig, IIS isn't configured as it is blank in the list of configured sites but then if you hit 'Add', am i presented with the error 'All the IIS sites are already configured by some other version of ColdFusion'

1.PNG

I've been googling for some time and I've tried cf11 guides to manually remove the connector as it's not displaying one for me but the items to be manually removed don't exist. For instance there is no numbered folder in C:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig. There is only a dll and log file. I've been through all of the sites within IIS to manually remove the various CF isapi filters, isapi and cgi restrictions, mime types and handler mappings but again they don't exist.

I cannot add a new connector because the Ok button is greyed out within the tool

2.PNG

Another suggestion was to make sure the latest version of Vistual studio C++ redistribution was installed, i've done that and still the same issue.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please launch the wsconfig.exe as run as admin.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, i missed that from my original post - I have been running wsconfig.exe as admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have any other version of ColdFusion installed in your machine except CF2016.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is a brand new VM only setup 2 days ago. We purchased the ColdFusion 2016 Standard license last week to install on this VM

Thanks,

Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allan,

Please launch the wsconfig.exe normally(Not Run as Admin) and check if you have any entry there. Also please check in IIS>Select Website>Handlers Mapping.

Look for ColdFusion handlers(.cfm, .cfc.. etc)

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched normally and exactly the same issue and error.

There aren't any CF handlers in Handlers Mapping for either the IIS root or the website in question

4.PNG3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With no further ideas of what i can do to resolve this i decide to completely uninstall CF2016 including all leftover registry and folder components in the hope that whilst reinstalling CF i could select to not configure IIS sites as part of the installation. Unfortunately it seems that can't be done and i also get the same error message when i select to configure select IIS sites during the installation - See below.

1.PNG

I'm at a loss right now, any more ideas? For instance what does the CF base it's statement of IIS sites already being configured on? Certain files existing?

Thanks,

Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just had the same issue, removing Handlers and IsapiFilters referring to %cfdir%\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll from IIS config file located in %WinDir%\System32\Inetsrv\Config\applicationHost.config solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue when upgrading from CF 2010 to CF 2016 on Windows 2008, R2.  I ran WSConfig on CF 2010 to remove associations.  It seemed to work fine - they removed themselves from the list one by one as I removed them.  I loaded up CF 2016 WSconfig for the new sites.  I added them all, individually (IIS sites) and once done, they all showed up in the list for WSconfig.  I bounced the sites/IIS - I know it says it does it, but I'm paranoid.   Then I got some service unavailable tomcat error (never seen it before) when trying to browse the sites.  I checked CF 2016 WSconfig again, but the list was empty (even though they were there earlier).  I went to try and add them, but it found no sites to add (of the ones affected by this).

I saw the post above about applicationHost.config and began looking through it.  I saw many entries for Virtual directories for the old CFIDE, Jakarta, and CFDOCS in the applicationHost.config.  So I made a backup and removed every single one of them (careful to keep tag /tag in tact for the various entries).  I had about six sites and probably removed about 60 lines in the file at various points.  I used the search function to find instances of "wsconfig" in the file and moved around from there (you could also probably look for the CF2010 folder names, but wsconfig served me well.  At no point did I find CF2016 entries.  After I removed them, I re-ran CF2016 WSconfig.  The sites now showed up as available to add.  I added each one, bounced IIS, went back in to WSconfig CF2016 and they were there.  I then validated the sites, and though they took an unusual amount of time to come up (might be something unrelated to this), they did finally come up as expected.  Thanks Markofo!  DB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation