• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF18 install for iis

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed CF for many different versions for the past 20 years. To run under iis, I select JEE "External Server" This has always allowed me to run under iis server. The current installation file does the usual fork at 1) Standalone Server (which gives you a single server under the coldfusion directory structure, or 2) External Server, which has always allowed the cf server to run under the IIS server under /inetpub/wwwroot/[web site name].

Choosing the External Server option, the install package drops me off with "Installation Complete." Then it tells me I "may now deploy Adobe Coldfusion 2018 to your application server."

I do not get the usual dialog box within the installation routine that allows me to configure my servers (IIS). So, where do I go? What do I further install to get up and running? Help!

Thanks!

John

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add that the folder the installation creates, ColdFusion2018, has a text file, an ear file, a war file, and two html files in it. There is no directory structure. Coldfusion Administrator is not installed. I've got nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Getting Started forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jack_Allred2, to set up IIS as the web server, launch the Web Server Configuration Tool. It is

{PATH_TO_CF2018_CFUSION_DIRECTORY}\runtime\bin\wsconfig.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I have the physical path to the file, \coldfusion1018\cfusion\runtime\bin on my system.

But the file, wsconfig.exe, is not present there. If I search my entire c:\ drive, I find some odd references to it in 5k files, like:

c_ColdFusion2018_cfusion_runtime_bin_wsconfig_exe. These are scattered among various locations in [user]\AppData\Roaming\Micorsoft\Wind...

I've never done a CF installation that it did not give me the option to configure my IIS servers. Adobe has a series of screen captures showing the installation, and those show the configuration step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the responses. I finally gave up on getting installed with iis servers. Instead, I installed as standalone CF server. I also got MySQL installed and a database created. Now I'm chasing other problems, trying to connect my CF app to the database. But thanks so much for the help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation