• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2016 Install doesn't find C++ 2012 redistributable on Win2012

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am setting up a new server, putting CF2016 on it.  OS is Win2012 on a VM server.  The installer starts up but says that it cannot find the C++2012 redistrib.  I let it do the C++ install, restart the CF install,  end up at same error.  I had sys admins install the redistrib, verified in control panel that it is installed, started the CF installer (running as admin), same problem - it says that the C++ 2012 redistrib is not installed.

Anyone else seen this, have any ideas?

-reed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Problem was due to permissions, probably a local problem (no pun) due to what privs our IT gives to local admins.  I had an admin with domain admin privs do the install, everything worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely, you mean Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable. Check whether your Windows 2012 version is 32-Bit or 64-Bit. Then download and install the appropriate Visual C++ version. On the VM server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem was due to permissions, probably a local problem (no pun) due to what privs our IT gives to local admins.  I had an admin with domain admin privs do the install, everything worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation