Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2016 on Windows 2016

Guide ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CF2016 does not list Windows 2016 in it's support matrix. Will CF2016 be supported on Windows 2016?

I note when I try install CF2016 on Windows 2016 it fails:

Capture.JPG

where Details button offers:

Flexeraayd$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load

at Flexeraayd.af(Unknown Source)

at Flexeraayd.aa(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Kind Regards, Carl.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

I see CF2016 installer is supported on Windows 2016 now:

ColdFusion 2016 : Support for Windows Server 2016 » Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some information to add. Oddly enough CF11 installs and WSCONFIG binds to IIS10 ok. Although running CFadmin page on IIS10 is a long way from exhaustive compatibility testing.

Capture.JPG

Unfortunately even though CF11 managed to install Microsoft Visual C ++ redistributable, CF2016 still fails to run with same error as posted earlier.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Things I've tried with no luck, changing the compatibility to win7/8 and installing various versions of java (tips other people have used for various software packages with the same error).

The error seems to be an issue with InstallAnywhere.

One more thing to check, every time the install fails it leaves a huge amount of data in your AppData\Local\Temp folder. Might want to clear that up, it is over a gig each time you run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carl Type3, @FirmButtstone

The Coldfusion 2016 Support Matrix already tells you beforehand that Windows 2016 is not supported. That means you will likely get an error if you attempt to install Coldfusion 2016 on Windows 2016. What puzzles me is why you then expect otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BKBK

With CF2016 release in February 2016, Windows 2016 Technical Preview 4 was available for checking or testing. I was hoping since Windows server 2016 had a long technical preview program Adobe CF team would have had a chance to trial CF2016.

CF2016 does offer IIS 10 support which is the webserver role version on Windows 2016.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

ColdFusion 2016 is not supported on Windows Server 2016. It might be supported in the next release. Please refer the support matrix below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/coldfusion2016-support-matrix.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Fair enough Windows 2016 is not on support matrix. I realised that is the case and stated so when I initially posted.

CF11 does not list Windows 2016 on it's support matrix yet installs OK.

Question regarding - It might be supported in the next release. Would that be?

- release of refreshed  CF2016 installer

- release of updater 3 or 4 patch level

- release of entirely new version CF (CF2018 or whatever the name would be)

Kind Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly on Windows 2016 CF2016 Express Edition seems to function well.

- starts ok via cfstart

- WSCONFIG binds to IIS ok

- CFM pages published under IIS work

- applies update 3 ok

So perhaps just a refreshed CF2016 installer is needed?

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on getting CF2016 working with Windows 2016? We're now in 2017!

Just a reminder to Adobe, Windows 2016 is Microsoft's current server OS.

Thanks.

Gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I note there is a refreshed CF2016 installer:

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-2016-installer-refreshed

Trying to install CF2016 refresh on Windows 2016 still fails.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My theory is Adobe don't care about Windows Server 2016 because their corporate customers (who are the bulk of their CF client base) aren't using Win 2016 and don't have any plans to for some time. Therefore getting CF 2016 running on Win2016  hasn't been a priority. It's hardly inspiring for individuals or business thinking of using CF, but no surprise really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion and coldfusion builder both have no issue with 2016.  They have an outdated installer package for Flexera, it is a known bug. Update Flexera recreate the installers and away we go!

Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from blog post CF2016 installer for Windows 2016 coming in April so not long now.

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/windows-2016-support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see CF2016 installer is supported on Windows 2016 now:

ColdFusion 2016 : Support for Windows Server 2016 » Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that this thread is quite old, and I see that Adobe say Windows Server 2016 is listed as being supported with ColdFusion2016

Can anybody confirm that it is now safe and I would not run into any problems if I moved to Win Server 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't run into any problems with CF 2016 on Windows Server 2016.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACS, the issue is that the installer for CF2016 would not work on Windows 2016, until Adobe created a new installer for it, back in Apr 2017 (http://blogs.coldfusion.com/coldfusion-2016-support-for-windows-server-2016/. You may see complaints from people either from before then, or who were not aware of the new installer.

And BTW, it was not that CF *could not* run with Win2016, nor was it a bug or failing about CF. Rather, it was an issue with the installer software itself. That installer (used to build the previous/original CF2016 installer) was from before Windows 2016 existed, so when it ran, it checked what Windows version it was, and it complained that it could not run on that.

And this is not new: it's happened with previous versions when new Windows versions came out. But I appreciate that it's just an annoyance when it happens, and sadly it causes a lot of bad reputation for CF, that sometimes lives on long after Adobe addresses the issue, as in this case, fixed nearly a year ago.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. So am I correct in saying that as long as I have the latest and greatest executable to install CF2016 that it will contain the updated installer which will indeed work with Win 2016?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>So am I correct in saying that as long as I have the latest and greatest executable to install CF2016 that it will contain the updated installer which will indeed work with Win 2016?

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent news, thanks for the feedback, I shall add migrate to Win 2012 to my to-do list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know how to update it ourselves or update it for us please.

This is terrible to not support 2016.

Fix this bug.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact this is not supported is just another reason to STOP supporting Adobe!! We just upgraded from 10 to 2016. Took 4 hours to just to buy the upgrade ALONE. This was because their store only had upgrades for 11 to 2016 or the full license. Literally 9 chat transfers later someone had to make the purchase for me to access the hidden SKU. The point is it was HELL just buying the product, and now we can't even use it. If ADOBE can't even code an e-commerce store properly, it's clear they can't make/integrate an installer worth a damn. Finding the above-mentioned document on the Adobe website where it states this is not available as an excuse, is not even realistically available or clear on how to find unless you're here (AFTER THE FACT and already more pissed off than when you began). Now our entire upgrade is HOSED. I have to downgrade my OS just to upgrade Adobe ColdFusion (Bull$h!t) - Adobe you are ridiculous and lackadaisical - just quit already, clearly this is a product you don't care about.

I hope those reading this STOP supporting ADOBE and force them to quit ColdFusion and go with the free open source RAILO, BlueDragon and other alternatives - at least the developers there GET IT #HateAdobeArrogance. Wish I could get a refund and go Open-Source today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST POSTED YESTERDAY - so I am not the only one who's hating on Adobe
Adam Cameron's Dev Blog: ColdFusion 2016: Adobe finally abandons CFML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: Can you at least provide an ETA on support for CF Builder 2016 on Windows Server 2016?

Even a ballpark guess would be nice. Is it a month out, a quarter, a year? Give us something to go on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email reply where I asked the Same question reidguanti and was told June 2017 which is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation