Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2016 on Windows 2016

Guide ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CF2016 does not list Windows 2016 in it's support matrix. Will CF2016 be supported on Windows 2016?

I note when I try install CF2016 on Windows 2016 it fails:

Capture.JPG

where Details button offers:

Flexeraayd$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load

at Flexeraayd.af(Unknown Source)

at Flexeraayd.aa(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Kind Regards, Carl.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

I see CF2016 installer is supported on Windows 2016 now:

ColdFusion 2016 : Support for Windows Server 2016 » Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to install ColdFusion 2016 and have it WORK with windows 2016, however its not a clean path.

Install Windows 2012R2 with Desktop Experience

Install Apache for Windows

Install ColdFusion 2016 - linking Apache for Windows to ColdFusion

Upgrade Windows 2012R2 to Windows 2016 with Desktop Experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apparently Adobe has removed the download link for Coldfusion 2016 with the updated installer since Coldfusion 2018 has now been released. On this page Adobe - ColdFusion Support Center : More Downloads  where it used to be the 2016 download link now goes to a form to try the 2018 version.

I have the 2016 (with the original installer) and need to move it to a new server running Windows 2016. Does anyone know where I can download the version of CF2016 that has the installer for Windows 2016?

Thank you! I need to get this set up ASAP and Adobe likes to make things difficult for the few loyal CF developers that are left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, the link to download CF2016 has been changed. How bizarre. Why direct people to download 2018 from the 2016 link?

Adobe need to get that link back up because 2016 is still a supported product and while they're at it they should patch it to the latest update. I've got a copy I downloaded in March. Not sure of the easiest way to share that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the one with the updated installer that works on Windows 2016 and you could put it up somewhere like Dropbox and send me a link, I would greatly appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This installs on Windows 2016 for sure. You'll need to update it to the latest patch afterwards including installing the latest 8.x Java to fix a security issue. Adobe haven't yet confirmed what the legal situation is with downloading Java since Oracle changed the licence agreement.

I'll keep this file on Dropbox for a couple of days, then I'll have to delete it.

[Anit]Removed the dropbox url.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@whatfore

You may already be aware of this, but one thing that caught me out with the CF2016/Win 2016 combo was that every time you add a site in IIS you must run the coldfusion web site configurator which puts in the CF mappings, otherwise CFM pages won't run.

If you add the sites first and then install CF I believe it works, I think I must have done it the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, you don't need to run the wsconfig tool if you had configured cf for "all sites ". In that case, you only need to add a virtual directory named jakarta, pointing to the same folder as the isapi filter named tomcat.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm downloading this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't this forum let me edit or delete my own posts? I want to delete the link to my Dropbox.

Moderators! Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed the same Gary.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anit. When will edit and delete "actions" be added to this forum please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Is it the same file as we can find at http://www.cfmlrepo.com/​ dated from september 2018?

It is not working for me, same error.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Finally, this one seems working: CF2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lda, can you clarify for folks where that link you point to is going? I mean, we can see it's a google drive link. But it doesn't seem to be a folder in the google drive pointed to by cfmlrepo.com. Is it some other? Did someone share it with you? It would help for us to know where you got it, to know how trustworthy the files there are.

Also, as for getting a version of CF2016 that can install on Windows 2016, if you look at the properties for the exe, and go to the details page, there's a copyright (for the installer maker, flexera). Is yours for 2016? or 2015? I have two CF2016 Windows 64-bit installer exe files where that difference appears, and I would assume that one would want to use the 2016 one, to be the one that would install on Windows 2016. (The problem with CF not installing on it was not a CF bug, but rather a limitation of that Flexera installer on which Adobe builds the CF installers.)

If you could let us know both things I ask above, it could help others finding this thread in the future. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also check the Product Version value in properties/details. The file I have uses InstallAnywhere version 18.0.0.0 which is newer than the one at cfrepro.com. When I uncompressed both exes and looked at the version text files within, the dates on the files were newer in my version. So I don't believe the version on cfrepro is the last one released by Adobe.

Why can't Adobe just make the final installer files available? What's the big deal? It just frustrates customers.

Whichever version you install, you still need to apply the latest update anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The link I put is a link given by ColdFusion support.

And it works (install of ColdFusion 2016 on Windows Server 2016).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks. It is lamentable that we have to go through such hoops to get the previous version installers, but Adobe seems adamant about not offering prior versions on their site.

And it seems indeed an Adobe-wide policy, not the cf team's decision. You can get only dw cc, not cs6, for instance.

If these are indeed the very final versions of each of the files offered in thsf folder, we need to get them into the cfmlrepo with a clear indication as such. Again, thanks for sharing it, lda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make the download version available to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the one that worked for me, the link that 1da43861676 provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CF 2016 download file is still there. You need to look in the "12 - 2016" folder. CF2018 is version 12. Maybe this link will take you there directly. 12 - 2016 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation