Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2016 Updates not showing installed and unable to install

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF2016 Enterprise, Windows 2012 R2

I had issues with this instance previously, but I was able to get HF installed manually, but now the CF Admin shows "There are no installed updates" and if I try to install any update I get the message "This update is already installed". If you try to install via the CF Admins, it just hangs and I have to start CF manually (Services). The update log ends with "INSTALLATION WAS CANCELLED BY USER DURING PRE-INSTALLATION".

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention that you were previously able to resolve this by manually installing updates. I would recommend you uninstall any updates, then install them all manually if you haven't tried that already. Kind of a pain, but probably more likely to be resolved than fiddling around in the CF Administrator.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to run the uninstaller, as there is no uninstall dir if hf-updates (e.g. /hf_updates/hf-11-00013/uninstall /uninstaller.jar), actually nothing in hf-updates at all, and I did remove from below (only two HF in there).

Delete the update jar from {cf_install_home}/{instance_name}/lib/updates

But I still get "This update is already installed" on any update I try, 1-11.

I cannot find a reference to like an XML or properties file that lists applied updates, but i thought there might be something along those lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hate to make this recommendation because it's kind of giving up, but I'd probably just try installing CF from scratch in this case. If you export your settings and you don't have many web server connectors attached to your CF instance, this shouldn't take very long. Then, reinstall updates from the command line.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation