• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2018 500 errors. Where is enable http status codes setting now???

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be on the debugging settings page next to Enable Robust Exception Information.  I need to see CF debug info, not IIS errors!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's under Server Settings ... Settings. I think it's been there for some time now. The settings do different things. Enabling HTTP status codes means that CF will actually return a 500 error if there's a CF error. Without that enabled, CF will display error information to the user, but will return that within a regular page response with a 200 status code. This means that automated clients won't realize they've received an error in most cases, and it's not really standard behavior for application servers for this reason.

Enabling robust exception information means that you'll see more detailed error information, regardless of whether you've chosen to enable HTTP status codes or not. But you might run into a problem here. If you have IIS as your web server, you might see that IIS chooses not to return your full set of error information to the user. There are IIS settings that control what error information, if any, is returned. For debugging purposes, you can disable this, but it's disabled in IIS, not in CF, if I recall correctly.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation