• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2018 Admin Server Settings issue after update 3 applied

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying Update 3 to CF2018, the Server Settings page takes like 2 minutes before it loads. All other pages load fine. We have restarted all services and still issue persists. Has anyone else run into this issue? Running CF2018 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.2 & Websphere App Server ND 9.0.0.10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

This issue has now went away after update 9. I have no idea what caused it or if some other update may have been applied to our RedHat Linux/WebSphere enviornment that fixed it. Complete mystery to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen or heard of this issue. I would propose you consider two things.

First, have you ensured there was no error in the update install log? See this post for more:

Having problems after applying a CF update? What to check, and how to recover!

Second, are you using the cf2018 PMT or FusionReactor, to know what the request is hung up doing while running? You can know, with either of these tools.or even with low level jvm tools.

If interested, I can help do that (carehart.org/consulting) and we may know in a matter of minutes. I realize you may prefer to wait to hear from Adobe or someone who knows already what you may be hitting.

Assuming there was no error in the update installer, I am betting there is some admin feature being reported on, and somehow getting that is causing the hangup. It will be interesting to hear what it is.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie, thanks for the info. I have reviewed the update logs and do not see any errors (as shown below). I am running PMT but I just started looking at that and finally got some of our instances to successfully connect. Now I am trying to understand all these graphs and stuff. LOL. at the moment I am not seeing anything yet for this issue in there or in the log file. We have 12 instances running on our server and all 12 have this issue. I was hoping it was just one or two and maybe re-applying the update would fix it but we haven't tried that yet (maybe we should just do one and see what happens since this is a dev server). As I stated earlier, the page eventually loads just takes a couple of minutes, all other pages in CFADMIN load fine.

Installation: Successful.

2358 Successes

0 Warnings

0 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gerald, as long as you're logs (showing no update errors) are for an instance showing the admin hangup, then that's not the issue (and reapplying the update would not seem to help).

As for seeing what's hanging, I realize the PMT can be overwhelming  Not also that you should be sure to update that:

Running the CF 2018 PMT? Have you manually applied the recent update to it? - ColdFusion

You simply need SOME tool to tell you whether any cf page is hanging up when you hit that admin page, and then what it's waiting for. Again, I can help you do that, perhaps in a matter of minutes in a shared desktop session. Too many variables to help more here (once we find what it is, then we would identify how to fix things).

If that interests you, please reach out via charlie at carehart dot org. It's too easy to miss that you may have replied here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has now went away after update 9. I have no idea what caused it or if some other update may have been applied to our RedHat Linux/WebSphere enviornment that fixed it. Complete mystery to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, and yep it would seem some update between 3 and 9 addressed your issue (which was likely restricted to websphere--which is perhaps why no one else reported here seeing it, as that's a small subset of the cf user base).

But in case others DO find this, I want to say again that it did NOT need to remain a "mystery" for 18 months. As I said back then, we could have found what was causing the hangup, using either the pmt or fusionreactor, etc. It would have taken only minutes, with my help if needed. I realize it must not have been concerning enough.

Bottom line, glad it's resolved for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation