• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2018 Http 500 Error upon startup, cache issue?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF2018 Sys Admin here so I don't know alot about the code for the application but I'm getting an http 500 error on all of my instances at boot up. Only fix I have found so far is to clear template cache and then the web app will load.

CF Error page and out log are not very descriptive either. 

Exception occured before FW/1 was initialized

Error while resolving the relationship subsectionTemplate in cfc crms.model.beans.criterionTemplates. Check the column mapping for this property.

Recently migrated these apps from CF2016 to 2018 and I'm running them on IIS8.5

This occasionally happened while they were on 2016 but not every time the instances startup.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL to add some more mystery...

We have another 2018 issue where cfdumps and errors are not styled.  Today I got fed up with my local Docker instance which was doing this and decided to install Commandbox locally.  My co-worker has this setup and has no issues.

Setup CommandBox - crank up the app - and I get the same 'Error while resolving the relationship' error as we see in our dev environment.  What's interesting is that it refers to a different bean, and refreshing the cache doesn't fix it. 

My coworker is using an older Mac and had an older JDK on it but I switched my CommandBox to both v8 and v11 and still get the same error. 

Now I'm going to trash all this and install CF locally just for laughs.  

Then I'm going to surf Indeed.com for Python jobs.  LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jim Priest ,

I can understand your frustration. Nevertheless, you have yet to test 2 suggestions I gave:

(1) Ensure that the case of the name of the entity is the same throughout the application. In other words, subsectionTemplates or SubsectionTemplates. For example:

In ORM folder: subsectionTemplates.cfc

Property: <cfproperty name="subsectionTemplate" fieldtype="many-to-one" lazy="true" cfc="subsectionTemplates" cascade="save-update" />

or else

In ORM folder: SubsectionTemplates.cfc

Property: <cfproperty name="subsectionTemplate" fieldtype="many-to-one" lazy="true" cfc="SubsectionTemplates" cascade="save-update" />

(2) (Assuming the above didn't help) Open the ColdFusion Administrator and go to the Mappings page. Add the following mapping for the CFC folder:

Logical Path: /my/mapped/path/to/cfcs (choose your own mapping)
Directory Path: C:/ColdFusion2021/cfusion/wwwroot/FW1Project/model/services (use, in your case, the absolute path to the folder containing SubsectionTemplates.cfc)

You should then modify that particular cfproperty as follows:

<cfproperty name="subsectionTemplate" fieldtype="many-to-one" lazy="true"
 cfc="my.mapped.path.to.cfcs.subsectionTemplates" cascade="save-update" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jim Priest and @kevinr1985 ,

How did this all pan out? Please kindly update, as it might contain a learning point for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back and forth with Adobe support. They eventually suggested re-installing ColdFusion which wasn't really feasible at the time.   No longer working at the same place so no idea if it was ever resolved unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jim Priest ,

Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation