• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8.0.1 running on Windows Server 2012 - Anybody successfully doing this?

Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe CF8.0.1 is not officially supported on Windows Server 2012 but I'm wondering if anybody has successfully managed to get these two running together?

I'm just presuming going from Server 2008 to 2012 is worth while with a newer version of IIS and performance increases

If it's a no go, what's the lowest version that would work on Win Server 2012? (maybe not officially but what's actually running out there in the real world?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although not officially supported it might work.  Until you try it and test you application you wont know if issues present.

I did have CF9 on a 2012 box once but it was a bit of an effort to get going. Didn't use it for long though.

CF 10 will be the lowest supported version for 2012, but CF10 is also EOL.  If you are going to end up upgrading anyway then you will just have to go to CF 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or ACS LLC​ could go to the cfrepo and get CF11, which honestly would be the best thing to do.  CF8 is not only no longer supported, but it's also not as secure.  The OWASP added to CF10 is (in todays world) minimum essential.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're asking for advice on the marriage between an 87 year old and a 45 year old, who intend to set up home and raise children?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you're asking for advice on the marriage between an 87 year old and a 45 year old, who intend to set up home and raise children?

LOL!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation