• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8: How do you specify a Proxyserver Port in CFFTP?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to access a secure FTP site, I need to specify a port (8080) for the proxy.  There is no parameter for proxyport.  I tried appending it with a colon (i.e., proxy.server.com:8080), but that didn't work.  Via WinSCP, I can connect just fine since I can specify a proxy port in that app.

How do you specify a Proxyserver Port in CFFTP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not documented, but try using the proxyPort parameter that is available in other tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish...

Attribute validation error for the ftp tag. 

The tag does not have an attribute called proxyport. The valid attribute(s) are alloSize, bufferSize, actionParam, action, username, password, server, fingerPrint, passphrase, key, secure, timeout, port, connection, proxyserver, proxybypass, retrycount, stoponerror, passive, name, asciiextensionlist, transfermode, failifexists, directory, localfile, remotefile, item, existing, new, debug, result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unfortunate.

It might be worth filing a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Eddie. It is unfortunate that the tag cfftp includes the attribute, proxyServer, yet omits proxyPort, proxyUsername, proxyPassword, and so on.

Nevertheless, you could still implement FTP with proxy in ColdFusion.  You already have WinSCP, so do something like

<cfexecute  name="C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" arguments="/script=C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\workspace\FTPTest\FTP_get_script.txt"></cfexecute>

FTP_get_script.txt

# Upon errors, automatically abort this script

option batch abort

# Disable overwrite confirmations (that conflict with previous)

# In other words, if file of same name already exists locally, replace it automatically, instead of reporting an error

option confirm off

# Connect using ftp://username:password@ftp_server_URL

# Use 'passive' flag, in case port not standard

open -passive ftp:user:password@hostname:port -rawsettings proxyHost=Proxy_host_name proxyPort=your_proxy_port_number proxyUsername=your_proxy_username proxyPassword=your_proxy_password    

# Download all XML files to local directory C:\Users\BKBK\Desktop\ftp\

# Automatically resume transfer if possible

# Preserve file timestamp

# Delete files from remote (FTP) after download

get -resume -preservetime -delete *.xml C:\Users\BKBK\Desktop\ftp\

# Disconnect

close

# Exit WinSCP

exit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation