• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF9 Flash Remoting with AS2

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm caught in a time-warp. I wrote a flash application some 8 or so years ago and have not touched AS2 since. Now, I need to test the app for a potential problem. The production system runs SBS2008, CF9 and MySQL 5.5. My test machine has the same software but running under Windows 7. When I try to run the application, it won't open. Running under Flash CS6 test, it throws errors about inability to load the class or interface 'Service', ditto for Pending Call, Result Event,Fault Event.

My feeling is that it doesn't believe flash remoting is implemented even though I edited the gateway-config.xml to enable the CFWS adapter. Was there anything else I should have dome? The CF9 manual mentions about using the interface from AS3 but I can see nothing about how to install/enable Flash Remoting.

I know this is old stuff but any guidance would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, it all comes flooding back to me as I examine the code. I resolved the "..inability to load the class..." issue but reasoning that it couldn't find the necessary classes listed in the IMPORT statements. I searched my computer for one of the classes:

import mx.styles.CSSStylesDeclaration

and found it in a number of places but 2 seemed the more important.

C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\en-US\Configuration\Classes\aso\mx

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\en-US\Configuration\Classes\aso\mx

In each of these I found almost all the folders for the IMPORT entries except for "remoting" and "rpc". Fortunately, I had these backed up and after copying the folders into the mx folder, I was able to run my application as a test under Flash CS6, which is all I wanted.

I then discovered an additional complication in that I had, for reasons that escape me, hard-coded the production server address. EAsy to fix once I realised it was there. Aaah, oh well!

Proble Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation