• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFB 3 Freezes when I edit a particular file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought CFB 3 was going to be good for me, but the more I use it the more I am finding strange behaviors.  Lately I have one particular file that is quite large that keeps crashing whenever I try to edit it.  I have to open that particular file in another program and make my changes.  The rest of my site is working well so far, but that page (Coldfusion Component page) makes CFB 3 hang forever.  I have to force a shutdown.

If anyone knows, where can I pull up any log files that will help me know what might be the cause to help submit a bug?  I would love to get this fixed, but not sure how to reproduce or find what caused it.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By chance, does it crash when trying to edit SQL within a <cfquery> tag?  I was having that issue repeatedly last week.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is where I seem to be trying to add code is within a query.  Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seemed to happen more often when the query had "--" style SQL comments in it.  Removing the comment solved the problem.  I just entered bug 3809129 to report this issue.  Please vote it up.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted thanks for the comment, that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I also get crashes in CFBuilder when editing SQL.  I just tried editing preferences ColdFusion > Profiles > Editor > Code Assist and turned off "Automatically Display SQL Code Assist When Typing" to see if that helps.  Let me know if that helps anyone else or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same exact problem editing a legacy 15,700+ line program, and trying to edit SQL inside of <CFQUERY> where the original programmer's made liberal use of -- comments.

I did HenWeigh99's suggestion and turned off Code Assist.  Voila!  Problem solved.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couldn't track down exact cause but shifting around some javascript code helped me. I have no doubt that I was coding the script incorrectly but it would be nice if the parser was more robust so that it doesn't get stuck (I am only talking about 650 lines of script, 85% of which is html and javascript).  Fortunately, if you wait long enough the IDE does become responsive again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation