• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFB2016 successful* install but no CFB perspective

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Sierra plug-in configuration a qualified success.  However, I have no CFB perspective.

Install log says:

Installation: Successful with errors.

6454 Successes

0 Warnings

2 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

Non fatal errors being two occurrences of

Modify Text File - Single File:   /Users/barrygbrunning/eclipse/java-oxygen/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/Info.plist

Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

Indeed there is no such file, whereas there is a file /Users/barrygbrunning/eclipse/java-oxygen/Eclipse.app/Contents/Info.plist.  At the install log errors referenced path /Users/barrygbrunning/eclipse/java-oxygen/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/ are located folders: configuration, droppins, features, jre, plugins, readme and the eclipse.ini file, but no info.plist. 

The implied "Deferring..." action seems to have not happened.  Any suggestions as to what I might do to recover the situation?  What should have happened to an info.plist somewhere? How might I get the CFB perspective to manifest in Eclipse?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have now uninstalled the 'no go' CFB2016 attempted install.  Then installed CFB2018.  This so far is successful, except for one non-critical install issue related to the uninstaller, which I have yet to investigate.  I will post further observations on the success with CFB2018 as I come to use it.  Many projects on hand, so don't hold your breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation