• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFB2018 RDS security -

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to connect to RDS running on the local machine using CFB2018.  It's CFserver 2018 and neither a password nor no authentication works.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  See this screenshot for more info:  03.13.2019-13.44.52

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Following your clue regarding cfadmin url, I changed the port in rds config to 8500 and it worked.  Is the admin port in the cfserver install randomly selected?  If not, then the cfbuilder install needs to be updated to use 8500.  If it is, then some kind of dialog in the cfbuilder install or start page informing one of the need to change that port might save some other unfortunate soul a lot of time!

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried removing the user and and password? Since you set the cf admin to require none? And I am assuming this tour local machine and you presume no one else can reach it? 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried with no credentials and get the same behavior.  Both builder and server are running on my local machine so it is safe, but I would prefer to run with a password still.  I just couldn't get that to work and fell back to no password as a test.  Since that fails too, I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be something amiss in your config. I suspect I could fix this in 15 mins or less in a shared desktop consulting session, but assuming you may prefer to try to solve it here instead, please start with providing info we could not see in your screenshots:

- the url for the cf admin

- the fields in the rds configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a default install for both builder and server. 

cfadmin url is: http://wcistest:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

RDS config is: 03.15.2019-09.08.33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following your clue regarding cfadmin url, I changed the port in rds config to 8500 and it worked.  Is the admin port in the cfserver install randomly selected?  If not, then the cfbuilder install needs to be updated to use 8500.  If it is, then some kind of dialog in the cfbuilder install or start page informing one of the need to change that port might save some other unfortunate soul a lot of time!

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, this makes sense. No, it's not that CF generates a random port.  The 8500 port is the default port that CF uses.

What confused matters for you is that CFBuilder 2016 and above offers an option to install CF ALSO within CFBuilder. That one uses 8600 by default.

You will see that you have a \ColdFusion2016\cfusion folder, and also a D:\ColdFusionBuilder2018\ColdFusion\cfusion folder. And each has their own Admin.

So when you had your CFB RDS setup pointing to the 8600 port, it was pointing at the CF (and CFAdmin) WITHIN CFB. But when you were opening the 8500 admin, that was the one that is NOT within CFB.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation