• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFBuilder 3 loses second server settings on cfbuilder exit/restart

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two servers which I have connected to the cfbuilder. First one is localhost, which works okay, even debugger.

Second is vmware XP image, which i can connect to the builder via new add server setup window.

settings:

Name:Vmware XP

type: Other

hostname:192.168.21.2

port: 80

All other settings are blank.

At the mappings I have mapped my localpath to the server remotepath:

Local path:C:\Projects\Coldfusion\Project

Remote path: \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Project.

After I do that, the server comes to the server list, shows running. CFBuilder can connect to rds server. But I cannot start debug yet, so I go to preferences and add the wmvare xp server to the project, and see that the rds configuration is ok (no password is needed, so I clear the login imfo and the prompt for password checkbox)

After that debug works, and all is well.

Then after I shutdown cfbuilder, and restart it, ONLY the localhost server is found! the vmware xp is nowhere, it has just vanished from the server list. And of course debugger won't work because the project has no server attached (even though project properties show that the vmware xp is selected, it seems only cfbuilder has not saved the server configuration). And I have to do this again to make debug work. this is VERY frustrating! Is there some hidden option which does not save the server setting or something? is there a way to export server settings from the builder?

If anyone couldhepl, that would be amazing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know any method to save the server settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue was fixed in the new ColdFusion Builder 3 installer (released in December with the updated ColdFusion 11 installers, but not advertised to anyone).  You'll have to download the new installer, uninstall CFBuilder, and then reinstall using the new installer.

Why they couldn't roll it out as an update through the Eclipse updater (like they have previous CFBuilder 3 updates) is beyond me.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation