• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFC edit causing ColdFusion 2016 to crash

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a test server running CF2016 with code migrated from CF10.

Everything works great... until... we pull a change from our repo that includes an edit to one of our CFC's.

We have a chain of CFC's that extend one another... on a server restart, it takes approximately 40 seconds for the CFC chain to init.  It takes a bit of time, but there are no issues.

If we make a single change to one of the CFCs in this chain on CF2016, it appears to be causing CF to "re-init" the entire chain and brings the server to a grinding halt under load.

When we do the exact same thing on CF10, it handles it like a pro.

I would love any suggestion on what to try here.  We've tried playing with various settings, but it seems there's something different in CF2016 that we are not aware of.

You help is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing obvious (to me) to explain that, but you're right that it seems it could be a config difference. Have you compared the cf admin settings, using its settings summary page? You can compare the contents with any good compare tool, such as beyond compare.If you see no difference, while folks may guess at any of many possible explanations, I'd propose that with perhaps as little as 15 mins I might help you find the explanation by assessing various diagnostics with you via remote screensharing. This would be on a consulting basis, with satisfaction guaranteed or you won't pay for time you don't find valuable. More at carehart.org/consulting. 

null

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you, in the ColdFusion Administrator, enable the option to save class files? If so, then ColdFusion might be mixing old classes with newly compiled classes.

Go to the Caching page of the Administrator. Press on the buttons to delete cached templates and cached components. Does it help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation