Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFC suddenly throws errors | spreadsheetDrawing.CTMarker

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I've got a function in a CFC that has been working fine since late 2015.  Recently, we are seeing several error emails related to this function.

Message	 Could not initialize class org.openxmlformats.schemas.drawingml.x2006.spreadsheetDrawing.CTMarker 	
StackTrace	 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.openxmlformats.schemas.drawingml.x2006.spreadsheetDrawing.CTMarker 

It indicates that the issue is on line 1030 of the CFC:

SpreadsheetAddImage(variables.ercCEobj,imgBytes,'png','1,7,2,8');

Okay, so obviously "variables.ercCEobj" is an Excel object, and I'm adding a .png image to one of the cells in the main sheet.  Like stated, this has been working fine since late 2015.  I've checked and the image is, indeed, where it should be.

I just learned that we recently updated the Java (jvk 221 to 231).  Wonder if that's the issue?  Anyone else experience this?

V/r,

^ _ ^

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Asynchronous , Builder , cfchart , Cffiddle , Connector , Database access , Documentation , Event gateways , Flash integration , Getting started , Monitoring , Reporting , Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see something like that (a thing starts failing, suddenly, when "nothing about the code has changed", and when the error is such an odd one, I will say that my first inclination is to wonder if someone updated CF. You mention the JVM, but what about CF? Was it updated? whether around the time of the error or in days/weeks/months before?

There is a log to look at, which you'd want to see it report 0 fatalerrors. I discuss where that log is, and where in the log to find that tracking of errors, in this post:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2019/03/problems-applying-cf-update-check-first/

Let's start there, and if you confirm 0 errors, we can take it further as needed.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Charlie.  I will check that out and ask our SA and DBA when the last CF updates were applied.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

According to SA and DBA, the last CF update of any kind was August.  I sent them the link you provided, and we will check into your suggestions.  Thank you.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the behaviour has indeed changed, then the cause of the error will be a missing or changed JAR in ColdFusion lib. In any case there is always tracker.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade wrote:

so obviously "variables.ercCEobj" is an Excel object,

Could it be that the function is expecting an Excel object of just one type: XLS or XLSX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation