Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfdocument: barcode printed with wrong spacing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in CF10, I'm trying to print barcodes with ttf barcode fonts inside a PDF document generated with the cfdocument tag. The barcode is generated, but with wrong spacing.

The code printing the barcode is quite simple:

<span style='font-family:Code-39-25-DMI;font-size:32.0pt;letter-spacing:0px'>*BKUM70709997B*</span>

This is what it should look like:

BC_right.png

cfdocument renders the barcode like this:

BC_wrong.png

The spacing between the individual barcode characters is wrong. The "letter-spacing" CSS option doesn't make andy difference. Any idea for a solution?

Regards, Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted this a moment ago on another thread RE css and cfdocument.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/7612172#7612172

letter-spacing will not be support inside cfdocument.

You will be reliant on the font style itself. Note as well that some barcodes only work at certain font sizes. If you adjust the font size down does this change the spacing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm aware that the letter-spacing CSS attribute is not on the list of supported attributes for cfdocument, but in my experience this list contains errors, so I thought I'd just try it out. If it' not supported, it is just ignored.

Leaving out the font-size and letter-spacing attributes doesn't make any difference for the spacing issue, there are still gaps between the individual barcode "characters" which render the barcode unreadable. I tried different TTF barcode fonts that work just fine in Windows. Our CF server runs under Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation